" change "

Play YouTube Video

*Jesika's Point Of View*

~2 Weeks Later~

I sighed and rested my head over my mothers hand. I held her other hand tightly and took a deep breath. I'm all cried out. I can't cry anymore. I am learning to cope with this all on my own. I lifted my head and rested my chin on her tummy and looked up at her while sleeping.

She looked so peaceful. Earlier, she was in pain. My gosh how I hate seeing her in pain it's so hard to deal with. I get angry every time. Because, there isn't anything I can do about it. But, to tell her everything will be okay. She cries and tells me she just wants it to be over. She's ready to go.

I kiss her forehead every time and began to pray for her. I pressed my lips against her knuckles and whispered I love her. I got up and grabbed my purse to make my way out of her room. This is too much I thought to myself and went inside my car.

I slammed the door shut and took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I need a distraction. I need something to do to get my mind off of this.

*Michaels Point Of View*

Cafe, 11:15 AM

I stared at my glass of coffee that sat across from me and sighed.

"Mike?"

My brother called, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes Jermaine?"

"Are you okay?"

I shrugged and looked down.

"I guess."

"You've been zoned out all morning. Is it still hard to deal with?"

I lifted my eyes to his and swallowed hard.

"Yes."

"Sorry man. With time it'll get better."

I nodded and stretched my lips.

"Have you heard from Jesika yet?"

"Pshh yeah right? I told you she hates me. I'm giving her all the space she needs. I'm tired of the back and forth."

"Look bro I love you and all that. But it's time to move on. It's been years and you two have had plenty fail attempts. You two aren't meant to be. It's time for change."

I looked down and sighed.

"I know. It's just hard you know? She has been the only woman to really understand me. We've been through so much together it's hard letting go. She is the love of my life. I love her more than any woman I've ever met before."

Jermaine looked at me and nodded.

"Gosh I feel so guilty saying that. Pauline would've hated me for that. But it's true."

He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Look I just think it's time to meet new people. Dating wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah I don't know if I'm ready to let anyone in right now. My heart still needs to heal."

"A great distraction wouldn't hurt Michael. One date wouldn't hurt at all. If you don't like it then you don't have to do it again."