"bittersweet memories"

**3 MONTHS LATER**

"No Michael!! She stayed with you the last time. I want my daughter with me." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Well, you've seen her more than I have." - "And whose fault is that?" My nose flared as I swallowed hard and looked away. Jesika sat in between us in her wheelchair rubbing her temple and shaking her head. I noticed and placed my hand on her shoulder and told her I was sorry. Her condition improved within the months, so the doctors decided she was well enough to go home. Sadly, my love will have a minor limp for the rest of her life. But, she looks adorable with it when she walks. She is unable to speak at this time. She only communicates by head nods, eyebrow expressions, smiling and the rolling of her eyes if something really annoys her. If she's angry, she will sigh, snap her fingers, stomp her feet, slaps her leg and shakes her head. I love it. If she really feels the need to say something she writes it down. Or she tries to word it out to you. She refused sign language because it will only make her feel stupid, and feel retarded. The doctors said in time she may learn to speak again, but for me to not look forward to it due to some  brain damage. "Why don't we let her decide?" Susan said. Jesika looked at me and then at her. She swallowed hard and sighed. She soon reached for my hand. My hand met hers as I kneeled down to kiss her forehead. "Fine, whatever!" Susan said before storming out of the room.

Jesika sighed and looked down. "It's okay baby. She'll be okay." A tear fell out of her eye as she nodded her head. "Baby don't cry. She will understand. Maybe not now, but she will." She sighed and leaned back on her wheelchair and signaled for the door. "Ready to go?" She stretched her lip and shrugged. I picked her up bridal style as we got to the car. Her knee brace caused an extra weight on her, but I held her in my arms well and secured. I opened the door and placed her inside. I assisted her with her seatbelt. I placed the wheelchair in the trunk and we headed out. I noticed how sad she was as I looked over at her every 10 minutes throughout busy traffic. I know she feels horribly that she made her mother mad. But, I think I have something that just might cheer her up. I smirked at the idea and rubbed her leg. Her green eyes met mines as she smiled lightly.

I grabbed her hand and pecked it with my eyes on the road. She extended her fingers to reach my jawline. She stroked it gently with her tips. I giggled and bit my lip. We finally made it to my house. I took the wheelchair out the trunk and ran to her door-side. I opened it and grabbed her hand. She nodded her head and pointed at the wheelchair. "No? You don't want it?" I asked. She nodded again. She hit both her knees. "You wanna walk?" She looked me in the eyes and nodded. "Okay come on then." She sighed and wrapped her arm around my neck. I wrapped my arm around her waist and assisted her to the doorsteps. We went inside and she stopped in her tracks and gasped. I pecked her cheek and rubbed her waist sides. "I did all this for you. Somehow I knew you'd come home with me." I had candles lit for her all over the house. I made us dinner too. She closed her eyes and smiled. "I almost lost you Jesika. I'm not taking that chance again. I am going to show you how much I appreciate you every step of the way, so that you won't forget it. Baby, you make me so happy." I told her while holding her face.

She opened her eyes and stroked my face. She placed her hand over her heart and nodded. A tear fell out of my eye as I crashed my lips with hers and began kissing her passionately. It felt like our first time again. We haven't locked lips in months. I truly missed it. Gosh, I'm doing too much I don't wanna wear her out when she needs rest. I pulled my lips away, and apologized. I held the back of her hair and pressed my forehead against hers. She bit her lower lip and giggled silently. After dinner, I took her by her hand and into the bathroom. I made her a bubble bath with rose petals. More candles were lit with a boombox down below playing romantic instrumentals. She covered her hand over her mouth as her eyes watered. She hit me on the chest and shook her head. "I know you're probably thinking I shouldn't have. But, I really wanted to do this." She smiled and held my face. I bit my lip and my hands travelled from her waist down to the cuffs of her butt. "You ready to get in? Hmm?" I asked getting closer so that my lips touched her collarbone. I lowered her spaghetti straps and she shivered. "I've been waiting to get this off all day baby, mmm." I purred in her ears. She let out a seductive sigh. I grabbed the ends of her shirt and pulled it over her head. Exposing her beautiful breasts. I leaned down and kissed them while she sighed and held the back of my head.  I kissed my way down to her stomach and kneeled down. I looked up at her. She bit her lip and played in my curls.