• mean it this time •

-Dr. Looming's Office

12:36 PM

"Well who wants to go first?"

I cleared my throat and pulled my green blazer over my shoulder more and remained silent. I cornered my eyes at Michael. He was looking down while playing with his fingertips.

I looked back at Dr. Looming who stared at me wide-eyed and looked at Michael then back at me.

"Are you two really going to waste your hour session and not talk to me?" He asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine I'll go first."

Michael shot his eyes at me and stared me down.

"Well my boyfriend thinks I'm selfish, nonchalant, and doesn't like to touch me, kiss me, or make love to me. The end." I said uncaringly.

"O..Kay."

Dr. Looming said while jotting down some notes in his pad.

Michael scoffed and chuckled.

"Jesika you know it's a reason behind all of it. You care to share?"

I folded my arms and gulped hardly. I can't believe he is challenging me right now.

I forced a smile and looked over to Dr. Looming.

"Certainly." I gritted through my teeth.

He lifted a brow and waited for my response.

"Well I have a bit of a drinking problem?"

Michael giggled underneath his breath and whispered.

"A bit?"

I cornered my eyes to him as my nose flared.

"Yes.. A bit."

"Psshh. I beg to differ."

"You know what Mic -"

"Okay, so let's start from the beginning to the end."

Dr. Looming interfered.

"Well." We both said.

I looked at Michael.

He looked at me.

"Can I talk now?" Michael asked.

I forced a smile and tilted my head.

He cleared his throat and said thank you sarcastically.

"Well we were college lovers. That's where it all began. We ended up breaking up because I started doing poorly in school. Not to say she was at fault. But, back then I took school very seriously. It hurt me to see myself doing poorly in school when I knew I had the capability to be the best that I could be.

"Jesika moved on to another guy named Anthony. I did too. We both got married. Over the years we made sure to keep in touch. I decided to walk out of my marriage because I was so unhappy. I was forcing myself on someone and it made me miserable. I turned to Jesika for support and I moved in with her and her husband at the time.