" my way or the highway "

Play YouTube video

Next day, 2:35 PM

After talking to her mother over the phone promising to see her mother as soon as she can. Jesika released the line and sighed while staring up at the ceiling. She hated the fact that she lied to her mother.

However, she couldn't let her mother see her face that was still filled with cuts from that horrific night. She missed her mother very badly, but did not want to upset her at all.

She wanted her mother to focus on getting better. Even though her mother had given up. Jesika was still hoping for a miracle to happen. She wasn't looking forward at all to losing her mother to cancer.

"Hey Jesika. Can I see you for a moment?"

Michael said outside the door while knocking.

"Sure."

He opened the door and came inside with a big smile. He soon frowned once he saw her in bed wrapped in the sheets. She sighed and rested her hand on her face and stared at the wall.

"Hey what's wrong with you?"

She nodded and didn't respond.

He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed and caressed her legs and did a light squeeze on her ankle.

"I heard you in the shower earlier. I figured you'd be out your room by now. I wanted to spend some time with you."

"I'm just not feeling well."

"Well if you come out and soak up the sun and hang with me and Mike Jr. today you'd feel a whole lot better."

Jesika rolled over on her back and stared down at Michael. He had this huge grin on his face and lifted a brow while removing the sheet from her legs and started massaging her toes.

Jesika couldn't help but smirk. She rolled her eyes at his charmness. He had given her a wink and tucked his teeth in between his lips.

"Where are you both going?"

"To the park I heard the ice cream parlor will be there today?"

He whispered in excitement, while making his eyes big. Jesika giggled at his reaction and bit her lip.

**************

Jesika rested her head on the car seat and gazed outside the window. She felt extremely tired and groaned in annoyance silently. She cornered her eyes to Michael as he nodded his head to the music blaring on the radio.

Her nausea wasn't getting any better. She held onto her stomach and sighed. The movement from the car wasn't making it any better at all. She swallowed spit and closed her eyes and exhaled slowly.

She began rubbing her belly and groaned again. She then jumped as she felt Michaels fingers brush against hers. She opened her eyes.

"You okay?"

He mouthed.

She nodded no slowly and looked down. He brushed his fingertips against hers and gave her an extremely intense glare while stopped at the red light.

She didn't break the stare, however took a deep breath instead.

"Just hurry and get there please."

She whispered weakly.

"Umm.. I think we should go to an ice cream shop instead since I promised Mike Jr. and then we can go back home. You don't look too good."

She nodded and accepted his suggestion. The light turned green and he removed his free hand and placed it back on the steering wheel.