" life..? "

**Play YouTube video**

I took a deep breath while seated outside my mothers house. I've been waiting here for an hour now. I keep thinking about what I'm going to say. I knew all along in my heart that something wasn't right with her.

Her constant absences. Her ignoring my calls. Her never being home. It wasn't like her. Maybe she has a flu or something which is why she hasn't been seeing me. Whatever it is I pray she's okay.

I flung my cigarette to the side and stood up as I saw her vehicle coming down the road from afar. She pulled into the driveway. I placed my hands in my back pocket and swallowed hard. She didn't see me yet. She was too busy parking.

I wonder what will be her reaction. I stood patiently folding my arms while watching her. She parked her car and finally looked over at me. Her eyes grew big and she looked down while shaking her head.

She lifted her eyes back to mines and finally opened the door. She forced a smile.

"Hey baby. What are you doing here?"

She wore a head scarf with an oversized jacket that was zipped up. Grey sweat pants with tennis shoes.

She looked completely pale and very frail.

Michael was right.

My eyes watered in an instant. I ran over to her helplessly and held her in my arms.

She sighed and held me back. I closed my eyes and moaned while squeezing her tightly.

She held me tightly and took a deep breath. "Yana what are you doing here?"

I pulled away and sniffled. I held her face and shook my head. "Michael told me he saw you at the hospital.."

She sighed and looked down. "Yana you have nothing to worry about I am fine."

She said while brushing past me.

I sighed and followed behind her.
"Mommy you don't have to keep anything from me. Please talk to me. It's been a while since I've seen you."

She opened her door and sighed. I stepped in with her and grabbed her arm lightly.

"Mommy please."

I whispered.

"Please talk to me. I need to know what's going on."

She took a deep breath and looked away. She bursted into tears and covered her eyes with her hands.

I ran to her crying while rubbing her arms. "Mommy what? What is it?"

She pulled her hands down and  removed my hands and held it.

"Come sit with me."

I nodded and did as asked.

I sniffled and swallowed hard while next to her.

"Baby I-I'm sick."

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"O-ok how do we make it better?"

"No. We can't."

"What kind of sickness do you have?"

She chuckled lightly and sighed.

"Doctor says it's a brain tumor."