Chapter 13- Hyosuke and Mizuki: Animal Crisist

*Ally's POV*

We finished eating and I found myself looking over at the town again. I smiled and turned back to Goyo, Enya, and Hyuga. "Thank you... For bringing me here." They all smiled.

Rustling came from the bushes again and my ears twitched again. "Two of them?" I asked startled and my tail tucked away. Everyone jumped up as if to protect me. "Hey, we aren't going to eat you!" I heard a familiar voice and everyone settled down.

Hyosuke and Mizuki both came out of the bushes. I smiled "you guys came too?" I asked and Mizuki walked over to me. "We came to get you." He said and Hyosuke ran over to me as well.

"Let's get going!"
"Huh!?" Goyo, Enya, Hyuga, and I both shouted at the same time. Mizuki casually said "you had your turn. Now it's ours."

Hyosuke picked me up and walked away from the guys with Mizuki. "Again!? Why is everyone carrying me!?"
"Why can't we carry you?" Hyosuke asked and I couldn't come up with an answer so I stuttered. "Can't complain if you don't have a reason!" Hyosuke laughed.

"Where are we going?" I asked and Mizuki replied. "Hyosuke wanted to go see what the carnival will look like before it opens."
"I see. That sounds fun. Maybe we can all go to the carnival when it opens?" I asked wagging my tail.

Hyosuke and Mizuki's ears twitched and Hyosuke showed me a big smile. "Wow! You actually invited us out!? Sweet! We will be there!" Mizuki and I laughed with Hyosuke and soon enough we arrived at the carnival that's in process of being set up.

"So, it's ready next weekend?" Mizuki asked and I nodded "they said it would be ready by Friday."
"Why does it look so deserted right now?" Hyosuke asked as we looked around as no one was setting up.

"Well, I don't feel like being seen in these ears and tail... So I'm kinda glad it's deserted." I say and stopped walking. "Looks like there are lots of stuff to do here! I have a feeling it will be hard to be bored!" Hyosuke said and I looked over at Mizuki who was silently looking around and his tail swayed back and forth.

I giggled and he looked down at me. "Are you laughing at me?" He asked and I smiled "you could say that but it's just that you look really cute with ears and a tail." I say and Hyosuke chuckled. "He isn't cute before? That's cruel of you to say!"
"That's not what I meant!"

Mizuki's cheeks turned pink and quickly looked the opposite direction. His ears twitched as we began walking again. I smiled and looked over to Hyosuke who seemed to be enjoying himself. His fluffy tail flowed in the wind and his ears twitched like Mizuki's.

My smiled stayed and looked forward. "I heard that some of our classmates are working here for a while. Little easy jobs." I say and Hyosuke asked "I thought no one talked to you in class?" Mizuki smacked the back of Hyosuke's head and shook his head. I smiled and nodded.

"That's right but that doesn't mean I can't find stuff out right? There is ONE person who talks to me two or three times a day. But I can't hang out with her because she got bullied because of me. I didn't want that for her." I said and they both quietly listened.

"Well, she probably enjoys being your friend. I wouldn't be surprised. Your really neat to hang out with." Mizuki said and I blushed. "I... Don't think I'm that great..." I mumbled.

I looked up at the clear blue sky and suddenly I tripped over a rock.

I instantly shut my eyes and waited for a hard impact.

I felt something grab my arm and my waist, stopping me.

I looked behind me to see Hyosuke catching my arm and Mizuki catching my waist.

"Thank you..." I said and they let go of me again and our ears all twitched.

My heart thumped like before.

Is there a reason for this?

~ to be continued ~