CHAPTER TEN

With the month of October drawing to a close and Halloween upon them, Eleanor had noticed that the Weasley twins no longer pursued her with their pranks. Part of her remained relieved, slightly fearful of what they would come up with to get her, and part of her, if she was correct, was actually disappointed. She could not deny that there was a surge of excitement when it came to beating out their pranks, even if it all seemed to be by accident. And there were those little spurts of confidence that seemed to appear, some would classify it as flirting, but Eleanor just liked the excitement of it all.

According to Marnie, there was no more discussion of Eleanor's name at the Gryffindor table and it seemed the moment between them had all passed. Instead of worrying about what lurked around the corner of the corridors, Eleanor was able to put her guard down, and she found it quite boring if she was being honest.

But she hoped that some excitement would return as the first trip to Hogsmeade was set for Halloween day. It was a day for students from third year and on to enjoy themselves, whether it was visiting the sweet shop or enjoying some tea off the grounds. Eleanor, for one, enjoyed walking around the village, always checking out the small home, thinking she would like to live in one after she was done with her schooling. As much as her mother anticipated Eleanor returning home or perhaps living close by, Eleanor had different plans. She planned on living in the wizarding world.

"I'm so ready for Honeydukes, it's not even funny," Marnie said the morning of as they were getting ready, "I need some Chocoballs in my life. Who knew sweets would have this much control over me? Are you almost ready, Ellie? I am in need of a fix and you're getting in the way of it now."

Eleanor finished tying her hair back before grabbing her scarf off her bed. She cast a look over her shoulder at Marnie, who impatiently tapped her foot near the doorway of their dorm room.

"You know, it wouldn't kill you to practise just a little bit of patience, Marnie."

"It might, I wouldn't know."

"Alright, alright, we're going!"

Travelling down the small corridor that led into the Common Room, the girls could see Cedric right away, waiting for them by the fireplace. Originally, he had planned to spend the day with his Quidditch teammates at Hogsmeade, but at the last minute, he changed his mind. Claiming he didn't want to break the tradition of attending the first trip of the term together.

Marnie took the lead, walking past him and making her way through the main barrel. Eleanor could only smile as Cedric rolled his eyes at Marnie's impatience, muttering something about enjoying the company of Chocoballs more than the company of her best friends. But it did not stop them from following her out and practically trailing behind her the entire way to the village.

"Marnie, the Chocoballs aren't going anywhere!" Cedric called after her at one point. "You could slow down and walk with us. You know, your best friends. The ones you've been ignoring!"