CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR

The night before Eleanor was set to start her internship, she couldn't bring herself to fall asleep. At first, it had been because of nerves, she was nervous and excited at the same time, wondering what she would be doing and learning during her time with Amelia. But then as she continued to toss back and forth in bed, she had heard the sound of Buckbeak, otherwise known as Beaky, coming up to the front door of her home, and using his rather strong talons, scraped them against the door to garner some attention from Sirius and Nixie inside.

The couple had been trying to figure out the best place to hide the massive hippogriff, but it was proving to be challenging as Buckbeak did not wish to be apart from them very long. Apparently, during their stay in the cave, he had come to appreciate his time with Nixie and Sirius and didn't want to continue hiding out in designated sections of the nearby forest. And while Margaret had been very understanding of everything, it would be asking far too much to have a hippogriff inside of her home.

Eleanor heard Nixie's voice first, complaining that if someone had interrupted her sleep that evening, they had better be dying or already dead.

The front door opened and Buckbeak squawked happily, the loud fluttering sound of his wings flapping seemed to only reiterate his joy. At first, Eleanor expected Nixie to tell Buckbeak to head back to the forest and to never interrupt her sleep again, considering Sirius had given everyone a fair warning to 'never wake a sleeping mermaid.' But instead, Nixie attempted her best to soothe Buckbeak, telling him that she knew it was hard on all of them with the given situation, he just had to hold out a little longer and everything would turn out fine.

Sirius arrived shortly after, telling Nixie to go back to bed, insisting that she needed her rest and that he would keep Buckbeak company for a short bit. They seemed to argue back and forth before Nixie gave in and wished Sirius and then Buckbeak goodnight before heading back inside.

"Trust me, Beaky, it's either you stay hidden in the forest, or you end up at the Grimmauld Place, I don't think you want to experience the latter. It's bad enough Nixie won't listen to me and stay away from there."

Buckbeak squawked, apparently in protest.

"I'm telling you; you don't want to go in there. That place is hell and if it were up to me, I wouldn't let anyone I cared about go in there. But I can't really argue with Dumbledore, can I? And we don't have a lot of options. Don't look at me like that, we don't have a lot of options right now! Alright, alright, listen, tomorrow I'll see about bringing you to Grimmauld. There's a nasty Doxy infestation and plenty of rats, I'm sure you could hunt them out. Maybe you could even hunt down Kreacher and make it look like an accident. But you'll see, you're not going to want to stay there."

In such a short amount of time, Eleanor had listened to Sirius lose an argument with a hippogriff before he wished Buckbeak goodnight as well and headed back inside. There were no more scratches at the front door and the night became silent again.