CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Eleanor thought the biggest drama revolving around the end of the term had been the hippogriff trial and she was right, but not for the reasons she had initially suspected. She had been enjoying a friendly game of chess against George in the Great Hall, with Fred sitting beside her when Ginny had approached them in a frantic manner. With exams over, all the three wanted to do was relax, but that was not on the agenda when Ginny announced that Ron was in the Hospital Wing.

Initially, she didn't plan on accompanying the twins and Ginny, thinking they would want their privacy, but Fred thought otherwise as he led her all the way to Hospital Wing, holding her hand. He didn't let go of it either when they entered and approached Ron's bedside. Ron's leg was already bandaged, and on the mend when they arrived. And Hermione and Harry were there as well, their clothes were tattered, and they looked absolutely exhausted. But there was a story behind their appearance and Ron's injury, one that Eleanor still couldn't wrap her head around the next day.

Sirius Black had been discovered on the grounds again, only this time, he attacked Ron.

However, Sirius Black was bad, but then he wasn't bad.

There was something about Peter Pettigrew being alive and being a rat.

Ron's rat, specifically.

Which mean that Ron had a man in an Animagus form, sharing a bed with him.

Speaking of Animagus, Sirius Black was one as well, taking the form of a dog.

A large black dog and Eleanor had the sneaking suspicion it was the same dog that had stolen her scarf.

Professor Lupin had shown up on the scene and was apparently friends with Sirius.

Snape arrived.

Snape went down.

Professor Lupin turned out to be a werewolf and then all hell broke loose.

Peter escaped.

Sirius was kissed.

But then he wasn't kissed.

The hippogriff was dead, but then he wasn't dead.

And everyone seemed so calm about the situation.

However, trusted with such information, Eleanor didn't say anything of what she had been told to Marnie and Cedric, no mattered how many times they pestered. She was confused by everything, especially by the reveal of Professor Lupin being a werewolf. Thinking back on all the time that Professor Lupin had missed within classes and how he often looked sick or tired, it all made sense. But Eleanor wasn't sure how she felt about it.

She had learned about werewolves back in her third year, knowing that lycanthropy was transmitted by the bite of a werewolf, where the saliva would mingle with the victim's blood. And despite the progression of medicine within the magical world, there was no cure for lycanthropy. The wounds of a bite or a scratch could be sealed by only a mixture of silver and dittany, but even then, the scars were still permanent. There was such a potion that made werewolves less harmful by allowing them to keep their human mind, but from what Eleanor remembered it was incredibly expensive and not made accessible to everyone that needed it.