CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

There were no words in the English language that could describe the absolute euphoric feeling that overwhelmed Fred once he learned that Viktor Krum had caught the Golden Snitch, but Ireland had still managed to win

There were no words in the English language that could describe the absolute euphoric feeling that overwhelmed Fred once he learned that Viktor Krum had caught the Golden Snitch, but Ireland had still managed to win. The way he and George had scrambled over their seats during the midst of the celebratory chaos, to hold out their hands to Ludo Bagman, expecting their pay-out immediately.

With their money bags filled, Fred couldn't stop smiling the entire time as he followed his father and the others down the purple-carpeted steps. All the while, he kept an eye out for Eleanor, knowing that she was well aware of the victory.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Arthur told them, in a begging tone.

Fred chuckled and shook his head. "Don't worry, Dad, we've got big plans for this money, we don't want it confiscated."

It was true since their mother was on the absolute warpath to deter them from pursuing any career involving pranking and tricks, the twins knew they had to keep things quiet. But Fred hoped that once everything was all said and done, she would come to appreciate all their hard work. Maybe it wasn't the honour of working for the Ministry, but Fred and George wanted, in their own way, to make the world a happier place in the best way they knew how.

The crowds that had packed the stadium were currently all outside of their tents, the winners joining in several drinks while slurring the words of a song. Some were dancing, the others that were possibly fans of the Bulgarians seemed to be arguing over Krum's decision to catch the Snitch to end the match prematurely. Up ahead, Arthur and Charlie were arguing over cobbing until they reached the tent. And while Arthur told them that they should get some rest as the night carried on, none of the teens were ready to pack it in just yet.

Fred and George had plans to start counting their winnings when they heard someone enter the tent.

Upon seeing a beaming Eleanor, Fred immediately stood up and thank goodness he did as Eleanor ran over and practically launched herself at him.

Just when he thought the night couldn't get any better, Fred was absolutely delighted to have Eleanor in his arms as she congratulated him and George on their win. Of course, for a moment, it was clear that the two were in their own little world where they were the only ones inside the tent, ignoring the fact that everyone else, including an accompanying Cedric, were watching them.

Once Eleanor lowered her feet back to the ground, she pulled at the hem of her jumper, her gaze never leaving Fred's the entire time.

"I couldn't believe it when Ludo called it," she told him, "I had to have Cedric confirm it and even then! I ended up pinching myself several times, I'm pretty sure I bruised my arm. But you two did it, you called the match perfectly! The odds of it happening, I don't know how you both did it, but who cares?!"

It seemed she became overwhelmed with giddiness again as Eleanor hugged Fred again and when she pulled away, she hugged George. It looked as though she was going to keep up her tradition of hugging everyone, but she stopped as soon as Arthur returned inside the tent and told everyone that they really should be heading to bed. Fred looked at his father, silently asking him for a few more minutes, and while Arthur raised a curious brow, he nodded his head before asking that they take their conversation outside.