CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

It was odd to share a couple of classes with Fred and George over the years, to almost sharing all of her classes with the two, with the exception of her electives

It was odd to share a couple of classes with Fred and George over the years, to almost sharing all of her classes with the two, with the exception of her electives. But following the O.W.Ls, it was time for the older students to start narrowing down the classes they needed for their future careers, not to mention, if students didn't get the necessary mark required to move to the next level, it left the class numbers smaller than what they had been used to over the years. However, before her classes were set to begin, Eleanor had a meeting with Professor Sprout to go over, which classes she wished to continue taking, which ones she qualified for, and if she had given anymore thought to her future.

Of course, half-jokingly, Fred had told her that she could always work as their future joke shop and while George added that she was technically already an investor, Eleanor noticed a rather solemn air that fell over them shortly after.

"Why do you two look so sad all of a sudden?" she questioned before she was supposed to meet with Professor Sprout. "What's wrong?"

"You didn't tell her?" George whispered to Fred, to which Fred delivered a rather deadly glare before letting out a heavy sigh.

"About the investment thing, Love, we ran into a bit of a problem," he confessed, "Ludo Bagman cheated us out of our winnings. We didn't realise it right away, but he paid us in leprechaun gold. Naturally, it all vanished a few hours later, we sent him a letter but it's not like he's responded. Lee told us that his father was cheated out of his bet too. I didn't want to say anything until we had the money to repay you for the ten galleons that you added in."

The last thing on Eleanor's mind was getting her money back, knowing she had parted with those ten galleons with the intention that it would help the twins. She never expected to get them back and she certainly didn't want Fred or George to feel as though they owed her. The fact was, she was furious that Ludo had played them, especially since the twins planned to put all the money towards their aspiring business.

"You two don't have to repay me for anything, I gave you two those ten galleons with no intention of getting back. It's going towards Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and Ludo Bagman has another thing coming if he thinks he's going to get away with not paying you properly. We'll talk more about it later, alright?"

With a reassuring look and a promise that they would get back at Ludo, Eleanor left the twins and made her way to Professor Sprout's office. Upon her arrival, the door was opened, something that annoyed Eleanor because she wasn't sure if she was supposed to still knock on the door or just walk on in. She decided to go with both as she gently knocked on the door to gain Professor Sprout's attention from whatever paperwork she was looking over at her desk.

"Ah, Ms Ross," she greeted warmly, "come in, come in. Prompt as usual. Take a seat and we'll get started."

Eleanor adjusted her bag to hold in her lap, while sitting down in front of the large wooden desk. Professor Sprout grabbed Eleanor's O.W.Ls, looking them over with a smile.