CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

With neither Fred nor Eleanor willing to admit their feelings for one another to each other, the two continued to act like they were only friends

With neither Fred nor Eleanor willing to admit their feelings for one another to each other, the two continued to act like they were only friends. Although everyone around them could clearly see that it was not the case, because even when they didn't think they were flirting with one another, they were flirting. However, as exams continued, they didn't have much time to spend together as they did before much to their shared disappointment.

After Defence Against the Dark Arts, Eleanor was able to breeze through Charms, Transfiguration, and Herbology. But the morning of her Potions exam, she felt her confidence dwindle and the roles were reversed for the girls as Marnie struggled to get Eleanor out of bed. Hiding under her duvet, Eleanor kept a firm grip with Marnie tugging the end of it.

"Ellie, you have been studying with the twins for weeks, almost non-stop. You better get the highest blood mark on this exam, or I'll drop-kick Snape's arse myself. You did well on all your other exams, you'll be just fine! Now, quit being a drama queen, get your arse out of this bed, and go get dressed."

It was quiet for a moment as Marnie released her hold and Eleanor finally poked her head out.

"Come on, Ellie," Marnie's voice softened, "if we keep waiting around, we'll miss breakfast. But if you're not in the Common Room in fifteen minutes, maybe I'll get Fred and George to come get you. Or maybe just Fred."

With a wink, Marnie left the room quickly before Eleanor could retaliate. Of course, Eleanor gave herself away because, at the mere mention of his name, she blushed. But it wasn't the time to start questioning her feelings because she had an exam to take. Pushing herself out of bed, she grabbed her uniform, one of her jumpers, and her robes before heading to the showers, all the while telling herself over and over that she was going to do well.

When she was finished with her shower and dressed, she joined Marnie in the Common Room and the two of them made their way to the Great Hall where they joined Cedric. She managed to make herself a small plate but as she looked across the way in the direction of the Gryffindor table, she hoped to see the twins, only to not see them at all. There was a slight twinge of disappointment and she hoped that they would show up before the time of their exams.

They didn't.

And it was time for the students to make their way to take the written portion of the exam. Eleanor walked towards the exam hall, following Cedric and Marnie but as she glanced up she could see Fred and George waiting outside of the entranceway. Immediately, her eyes lit up and as Marnie threw a knowing look in the twins' direction, she pushed Cedric inside before he could say anything, giving Eleanor alone with Fred and George.

"Today is the big day, Ellie," George greeted her, "how are you feeling?"

"Nervous, if I'm being completely honest," she said, "but I might as well get it over with."

"That's the spirit, love," Fred said, placing his hand on her shoulder, "you'll be just fine."

There was little that could be said, especially with George standing there, so Eleanor merely nodded her head before she decided to head inside and find herself a seat. She decided on a desk by a window and sat down, before glancing around the hall.