CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Ever since Valentine's Day, Fred and George would not let one opportunity pass where they did not pester her about her secret. But even as March approached, Eleanor was not willing to give in and kept them guessing. She thought they would eventually give up, but she was clearly wrong as they made sure to find her every day, whether it was outside of a classroom or in the Great Hall. The only place she was safe was either in the bathrooms or in the Hufflepuff Common Room and if they became anymore desperate, she wasn't sure how much longer those places would be.

Eleanor was walking along the corridor with Marnie, on their way to the Transfiguration classroom, the two of them discussing that the year was moving pretty fast.

"You're telling me," Marnie sighed, "in just a few short months, I'll be back in that hell hole, I'm forced to call home."

"It won't be that bad, Marnie. I bet- "

Before she could finish her next sentence, Eleanor found herself interrupted by Fred and George suddenly blocking the doorway to enter the classroom. She rolled her eyes with a small sigh, waiting for the usual question to leave one of their mouths.

"Are you going to tell us?" George asked her.

"Well, let's see, the answer yesterday was no. The answer the day before that was no. And today, it's going to be a no from me. Now, if you two would kindly excuse us..."

Eleanor pushed through the twins as if they were double doors, leaving Marnie to laugh in amusement as she followed her friend inside. The girls sat down at one of the tables, and while Marnie tried to finish up some of the homework last minute, Eleanor pulled out her knitting and began to work on a pair of socks. She wasn't paying attention to the fact that the twins were staring her down to get her attention, that was until she was hit with a ball of paper.

Setting her knitting in her lap, Eleanor peered up and grabbed the paper ball, noticing that there was something written on it. She scrunched up her face as she unravelled it and read it over.

How about now?

Glancing over her shoulder, Eleanor looked Fred directly in the eyes before mouthing her answer.

"Never."

Once Professor McGonagall entered the classroom, the twins didn't bother Eleanor for the duration of the class, not willing to get in trouble with the Head of their House. But that didn't mean that they were giving up either. Luckily, their schedules allowed them to part ways for the majority of the day as Hufflepuff had Defence Against the Dark Arts next. And when Professor McGonagall dismissed her after collecting her homework, Eleanor abandoned her seat and practically ran out of the classroom before the twins had another opportunity to bother her.

For years, Eleanor had been so used to flying under the radar with no one really paying her any mind outside of her friends. She didn't get into trouble but didn't do anything else to really stand out. She was known for her knitting, but usually, others claimed that knitting was a boring hobby. Which she told herself they only found it boring because they couldn't do it.