CHAPTER FIFTY

While many praised Professor Moody's teaching methods, Eleanor found herself uncomfortable whenever she was in the man's presence, mainly because he insisted on calling her "Ms Lupin" even though she had already corrected him several times

While many praised Professor Moody's teaching methods, Eleanor found herself uncomfortable whenever she was in the man's presence, mainly because he insisted on calling her "Ms Lupin" even though she had already corrected him several times. She wasn't sure if he was doing it to get a reaction out of her, but if that was the case, why?

Perhaps he had been annoyed that she had managed to escape his counterjinx lesson during their first class, but wasn't that the whole point of the lesson, to begin with? She decided that when Dermot arrived at the castle to send her first letter home, first telling her parents about the Triwizard Tournament, and then questioning if her father knew anything pertaining to Professor Moody.

In the meantime, as she waited on a response, Eleanor had made her way to the library after classes. Professor Sprout was correct when she stated there was little to be covered when it came to wizarding law within her classes, but she hoped there would be a few books she could find to read over in her free time. She had collected a couple in her arms when the one she had been reaching for was snatched before she could grab it. Of course, it came as no surprise as Fred stood beside her, holding the book out of her reach with a cheeky grin.

"Fred, I know I'm great company, but don't you ever get tired of being around me?" she asked him as she pretended to be interested in another title.

"What's there to get tired of, love?" Fred questioned in return, handing over the book.

She went to grab it, but he pulled it away at the last second with a laugh. Eleanor tried to conceal her own laughter as she bit the inside of her cheek, but it was no use. However, he did add it to her pile of books before taking the stack from her arms, insisting silently to hold them for her.

"Thank you," she said, "now what are you doing here? And where's George?"

"George is with Lee and I'm here talking to you," he said. "Although it doesn't look like you're going to be doing much talking in the near future if you plan on reading all of these books. You do know that you don't have to assign yourself homework, right? The professors will be assigning plenty."

"I'm not giving myself homework," she chuckled, "I was talking to Professor Sprout the other day about what I planned on doing after Hogwarts and I told her I was interested in Wizarding Law. She told me that it's not really covered in the classes here, but that doesn't stop me from doing my own research. I probably won't end reading all these books from cover to cover, just the parts that pique my interest."

"I'm sure Professor Moody knows quite a bit about the law- "

"Trust me, Fred, he's the last person I want to talk to," Eleanor told him as she left the book aisle to where she had set down her belongings on a table, "I know the lot of you think he's great and everything, but he gets on my nerves."

"Because he keeps calling you Ms Lupin?"

"It's rude!" she huffed. "I've corrected him multiple times. I know it's my father's surname, but even if we did become really close over the summer, I didn't take his name. It's no disrespect to him at all, I just want to keep my name as Eleanor Ross for now. He's just being disrespectful at this point; I don't think he likes me very much. I'm just hoping that it's not because of what my dad told me before we started up school again."