CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

Time seemed to be moving all too fast for Eleanor's liking, especially with the Second Task approaching. Luckily, it just so happened that in Charms, Professor Flitwick decided to cover the Bubble-Head Charm one afternoon. The charm itself, allowed the caster to create a rather large bubble over their head, which would give them a continuous supply of oxygen. It was the perfect spell for Cedric, especially since they had been trying to figure out a way for him to breathe underwater for a possible hour.

It was the same evening after the lesson, where Cedric invited Eleanor to accompany him to practice the charm, and while he had invited Marnie along as well, she had declined as Lee asked her to spend some time with him. Cedric seemed disappointed initially but said nothing as he and Eleanor made their way out of the Hufflepuff Common Room and to the prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor.

To anyone who had witnessed the two of them entering the prefects' bathroom at the same time, it would have appeared highly suspicious and quite scandalous, but really, it was nothing of the sort. Cedric filled the large bath and wearing a pair of shorts, climbed into the water, while Eleanor sat on the edge. He lifted his wand, practising the movement in the air, before looking over at Eleanor to make sure it looked right to her.

"So," he said at one point, "have you made plans for Valentine's Day this year?"

Eleanor folded her arms and looked at him. "Is that why you really brought me here, Queenie?"

"No, no," he grinned, "I brought you here with full intentions of having you help me and so we could spend some time together, but you can't blame me for being a little curious. Last year, you swore up and down that there was nothing between you and the Weasley twins, and yet, a year later, here we are. You're dating Fred Weasley."

Placing her hand into the warm bathwater, she proceeded to splash him in the face before letting out a small laugh.

"If you must know, we haven't made plans yet, but we still have some time," Eleanor shrugged, "but really, what can we do around the castle?"

"Well, don't go asking that question around, you'll get plenty of answers of things you can do around the castle," Cedric said with a knowing look.

It took a moment for Eleanor to figure out what he was hinting at before she scrunched up her face and went to splash at him again. He blocked the droplets of water with his hands while laughing at her rather innocent nature.

"Oh, come on, Ellie, you know I was only teasing," he said, "I wasn't saying that's what you two were going to end up doing. Judging by how long it took you two to get together, by the time you two have sex, we'll all be retiring from our careers."

"Cedric Queenie Diggory!"

Rather than using her hand to splash him, Eleanor removed her wand and caused a small tidal wave that dragged Cedric under the water for a few seconds. He quickly resurfaced, coughing up some of the bathwater.