CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

In the few short minutes after arriving inside the cave, Eleanor could only watch the somewhat awkward, but rather heartwarming reunion of Sirius, Nixie, and Harry. While it was evident that Sirius had been in contact with their godson, Nixie took to gushing over Harry as if he were a little boy for the first few minutes. She mentioned that she hadn't seen him since he had been in nappies, making Eleanor wonder if Nixie had been imprisoned in Azkaban as well along with Sirius? But that didn't make sense as the Ministry of Magic had not reported any other prisoner escaping.

So where had Nixie been during Sirius' imprisonment?

Realising that Harry was not their only guest, Nixie's eyes came to settle on Ron and Hermione next, her opening greeting to them was no better as she made sure to mention that Hermione was a girl and Ron had red hair. Clearly, starting conversations was not a strong skill of hers, but as she looked over at Eleanor, her smile softened.

"You must be Eleanor," she said, "your father was right, you really do look like your grandmother, but you look like him too. I'm afraid we weren't able to meet earlier under the circumstances, last I spoke with him in person, he was on his way to meet with you at your mother's house. I take it that it all went well?"

Eleanor nodded her head. "Yes, it did," she said, " you must be the person he was talking about when he said that Sirius wasn't going to be alone. Have you known my father for a while?"

"Since we were eleven years old," Nixie replied, " he was the first friend I ever made. I find it funny that after all these years, he still only gives limited information about me. Some things never change."

They were all welcomed to sit down, Sirius telling them to choose any rock of their liking, which seemed to lighten the mood over the idea that the couple was actually living in the cave with Buckbeak the Hippogriff. Eleanor was glad to see the hippogriff that had escaped a death sentence just the year before, he seemed to be thriving in the company of Sirius and Nixie.

And while Sirius and Nixie ate the food that was brought to them, it was obvious that their presence in the cave wasn't for the sake of just having lunch, but rather their worry over Harry's involvement in the tournament. They shared the same suspicion that Eleanor had suspected from the beginning, knowing Harry hadn't placed his name in the Goblet of Fire, however, they believed there were people with more than sinister intentions behind the matter.

The discussion started as Harry glanced over the newspapers that littered the cave discussing Crouch's mystery illness that had kept him absent not only from attending the Tournament, but also missing in the eyes of the Ministry. It led to the discussion of Crouch's house-elf Winky being let go, and a bunch of theories that went from the Malfoys to Ludo Bagman being a suspect.

"I don't know anything about Bagman,"Sirius said, " except that he used to be Beater for the Wimbourne Wasps. What's he like?"

"He's okay," Harry said, "He keeps offering to help me with the Triwizard Tournament."