CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE

"Oh no! It's definitely crooked!"

Looking in a long mirror that she and Ginny had found venturing through Grimmauld Place, Eleanor pulled at the ends of her hair to make note that the right side was much longer than the left and was much shorter than she had originally visioned. Already, so much of her hair had been cut, resting at her feet on the floor that Eleanor was nervous that by the end of her haircut, she would actually be bald. It didn't help that Ginny didn't look all that confident to continue cutting to fix it up either.

The amount of regret that washed over her was enough to make Eleanor grab the back of her jumper and pull it over her head to hide what was left of her hair.

"This was a bad idea," she said, "I should have just made an appointment to get it cut!"

"Alright, Ellie, just relax," Ginny told her, "It's not like this has to be permanent, right? We can fix it, we just need...we need...we need Anora and Tonks! I'll be back!"

Not willing to walk through Grimmauld Place looking like a total mess, Eleanor remained where she stood as Ginny raced out of the room. Pulling her jumper back down, Eleanor looked at her hair once more, noting that several large pieces were longer or shorter. She had to remind her that it could be fixed, especially with the use of magic, but all she could picture was showing up to her internship on Monday with her hair looking utterly ridiculous.

Suddenly, Ginny returned with Anora and Tonks in tow and judging by their expressions, it was clear they thought the haircut was horrid as well.

"Fuck me," Anora muttered, only to be elbowed by Ginny, who gave her a look. "I mean, hey, you got a haircut, Ellie. That's great."

"You don't have to lie to me," Eleanor said, "I know what it looks like. I just need to fix this! I can't let everyone else see me."

Anora walked over first and grabbed a lock of uneven hair to see what they were working with. "Calm down, Ellie, it's not as bad as you think it is. It's a pretty easy fix, to be honest."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah," Tonks added, moving closer, "I saw way worse haircuts and dye jobs back when we were in Hogwarts. Late nights in the girls' dorm, you get bored, usually, the hair is the first thing that everyone starts messing with. Luckily for me, I can change it and if I don't like it, I can change it within seconds, but for those of you who can't...there are plenty of spells to help. And when it comes to hair, Anora is your woman."

Feeling more relaxed with their reassurance, Eleanor sat down on an old chair and allowed Anora and Tonks to work on her hair. To start off with, Anora decided to bring Eleanor's hair back to its original state or at least as close as possible using a hair-regrowing spell.

"I think we use hair spells more than anything back at the Sanctuary," Anora mentioned at one point, "I don't know how many times one of our colleagues has grown his beard back after it caught fire. The most important thing is control because if you let the spell get away from you, you're going to end up looking like one hairy beast."