Chapter 3: And Where Have You Been?

You would think life is just like in books and movies but it's all a BIG FAT LIE.

"I love you as big as the sky."

"How big is the sky?"

"Danielle the sky is endless."

I guess I got to meet the sky and guess what?

It wasn't endless.

Why did I ever listen....

Thursday 10/24/13 6:30am

"Happy Birthday!!!" My dad and mom jumped into my room excitedly.

"Thank you!" I jumped out of bed and gave them my biggest bear hug ever.

"Fifteen already? Dang time sure does fly." My dad stared at the ceiling off into space.

"Hurry up sweetie it's almost late for school." My mom hurried me.

I didn't want to go to school but I had no other choice.

I gave a slight chuckle and got ready to go to school. UGH how I dreaded to go to school on my special day...

The seconds flew by and so did the minutes and hours. I was half way through my day and I was eager to go home and eat my cake. So far no one noticed today was my special day. Looks like I wasn't the only one celebrating a special day. Some had balloons and gifts and huge teddy bears while I on the other hand was empty handed. I didn't care about the gifts all I wanted was at least a 'happy birthday' from someone.

This is what I get for having not a single friend.

I went to all of my classes and was heading to my 6th period P.E class.

"Hey I haven't seen you here?" Someone spoke behind me.

 I turned around to see no other than the one who hit me with a freaking basketball onetime.

What's with this guy that I keep seeing him everywhere?!

Instead of replying him I walked off.

"Hey wait!" He caught up to me.

Can't he see I don't want to be with him???

I shouldered my way to the people crowding in the hallways. I wanted to runaway from him as far as I could.

"Damn you sure like to walk fast." He chuckled.

I gave him a shrug and sat in the bleachers. I thought maybe not answering him he would go away but I was wrong. He sat by and stared at the book I pulled out from my backpack.

"I see you like cats." He reached for my book.

I flinched and handed him my book.

"Warriors? Mhm never heard it." He stared at the book quizzically.

Really?!

"Tell me what's it about?"

I felt my throat clog up.

I've never spoken to anybody before other than my family.

"Can you speak?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Y-yes." I stammered.

"Cool.'' He smiled and played with the book in his hands.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I couldn't stop staring at him. I didn't know if I should answer him or not.

"Danielle. My name is Danielle."

"Nice name." He smiled warmly at me and scooted closer.

"I'm Joe."

At that point I realized I got a gift for my birthday after all. And that was him.