Chapter 16: Hotdogs

The sound of pencil writing felt so soozing to sleep. As everyone in my class were finishing their tests, I was already finished. I took out my journal and started to draw. Just when there were only three minutes before the bell rang the fire alarm bloody rang.

"SINGLE FILE LINE!" My English teacher rose her voice over the alarm.

I quickly grabbed my stuff while everyone else left their stuff. I walked fast with the others out the doors to the parking lot.  I stood by the edge by myself as everyone else gathered with their friends. Like always I was the outcast of the people.

"Okay everyone in the indoors." My teacher instructed.

Everyone started to head to the indoors when I caught sight of Joe. He ran up to me with a huge smile and grabbed my hand. I was shocked at his sudden behavior but I didn't mind. I squeezed his hand gently and for the first time we walked calmly together to the indoors.

"You know why I like you?" He seemed to be speaking to himself for he was watching in front of him.

"What?" I whispered.

"Everything." He turned his head to me and gave me one of his precious smiles.

"Like?" I got closer to him till our shoulders touched.

Instead of replying he rolled his eyes and gave me a playful smirk.

As we got in the indoors some of his friends started to call his name.

"Hey dude." He greeted to one of his friends who was sitting in the ground with an arm wrapped around a girl.

"Is that your girl?" His friend smirked.

"Sure is." He wrapped an arm around me. I tensed up at his touch but at the warm feeling around me, for the first time I felt safe.

"You got a good looking one there." His friend winked at me as his girl gave him a punch on the shoulder.

"Err- thanks." I gave an awkward smile.

His friend nodded as Joe took me to a corner of the indoor.

"Sorry about that." He apologized with a chuckle. "That's Austin he is weird."

"I agree." I sat on the ground as Joe sat by me with his hand never leaving mine.

"So are you going to tell me?" I fluttered my eyes at him.

"Tell you what?" He acted like the stupid one.

"You know." I had to frown slightly for him to tell me.

"Oh that." He chuckled and wrapped his arm once again on me.

"Probably I like you because you're sweet yet with many mysteries which I can't find out. Or maybe It could be how you make me crazy. Your eyes...Your touch...Your voice..." His eyes trialed down to my lips. "Overall you're hot." He smirked.

I could feel my cheeks turn red and my jaw start to quiver.

"Love the way your cheeks blush." He said it rather so huskily.

"Hot like the school's fire?" I joked.

"More." His face got closer to mine as our noses touched.

To say I was nervous is a lie. I was excited!

"HOTDOGS!" One of his friend called out.

I quickly rose my head up to see a guy run around like crazy saying hotdogs.

"More hot than hotdogs." Joe laughed and held my hand. I laughed back feeling shy again.

At that moment I forgot to be angry at him. I was just starting to fall for him.