Chapter 55: Not A Cougar

"You should look for someone else." I remembered Ana once telling me. "Joe is not the only one."

"Bitch." I mumbled to myself at the memory.

It was easy for her to say that since she ended up slutting all over my brother. No way no Jose will I be like her. Right now for the only thing that mattered the most for me was my dignity. Besides I wasn't in the mood to make more mistakes. I was standing by a wall during break when my brother appeared with Israel and Juan.

"Hi broby." My brother got beside me.

"I'm your sister." I rolled my eyes. "Not your brother."

"Whatever anyways Juan over here wants to tell you something."

I rose an eyebrow and faced Juan. Steve walked off with Israel leaving me and Juan alone. Even as they walked off I could hear their distant snickering.

"What are they laughing about?" I crossed my arms, feeling quite annoyed at their childish behavior.

"Oh nothing I just wanted to tell you something in private. I spoke with your brother and he told me it was okay." He stared at the floor.

"About what?" I asked.

"I'm friends with Ana and well every time we talk, she always mentions about you."

"And?" I had to frown slightly so he get straight to the point.

"And well she always talk good about you..."

"Listen kid," I interrupted him. "I don't know if you know but don't get along with that hypocrite."

"Hypocrite? I don-"

"Get to the point." I interrupted him once again.

"Oh yeah well I wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead then." I gestured for him to speak.

"I well...I...." He started to stutter.

Not to be rude but this kid was boring me.

I leaned myself on the wall and kept watching at the floor which he was staring at. One thing is to joke but to play? Playing is a very dangerous thing. Especially when someone plays with your emotions. I didn't realize at first but when he told me something that I totally didn't expect, It made all sense at the end. This was all Ana's dirty work and no way in a million years would I be like her.

"I like you." Juan finally spoked. "You're beautiful and I wish you were my girl."

I remained there like a statue trying to take in what I just heard. My mouth gaped as everything got processed into my ears. He had to be joking.

"Danielle I like you a lot." He got beside me.

"Don't you think you are a bit too young?" I flinched back away from him.

I didn't want to sound mean to him but this kid was crazy if he think he was going to get me. First of all I had no plans to be like a freaking cougar like Ana, second I was still healing my heart, third he wasn't cute, and fourth of all he was friend of Ana. They think I'm stupid but I know her plans. She wants me to get hook up so I can forget all about her relationship. Not to mention her other intention is to me like her. There was no way I was going to date a kid. Can't they see I need a real man?!

"Well I like older girls." He replied. "Also I fell in love with you at first sight. You have very pretty eyes."

"Err... thanks." I scratched the back of my head, feeling more awkward than ever. "But I don't want to be dating anyone right now."

His smiled dropped a bit but I could see he was trying not to falter his smile.

"Oh okay.How about we start like friends. Maybe soon we can be something more." He grinned again.

"Err...yeah sure." I nervously smiled back.

'How about never.' I mentally replied.

It all made sense now.... 

I was starting to feel anger. They think I'm a easy prey huh? They think they can sell me? Well they are all wrong! This cookie here will never budge and no one will be able to buy me. One thing they don't know... I'm worth way more than million of dollars. More than anything. I'm Danielle Valladares and no way there will be someone to buy me. Never in a million years.