Chapter 54: Awkward Meeting

As much as I was trying to push people away, they seem to always come in the way. I was sitting by myself in the cafeteria table when my brother and two of his buddies came to sit by me.

"Hi broby." My brother greeted me.

"I'm your sister." I frowned.

"Yeah whatever." He smirked. "By the way this is Juan and Israel." He presented me his buddies.

"Hey." I dryly greeted them. I was no mood to be talking to peeps.

"Hi. I got you this." The one named Juan started to search in his pockets.

He pulled out a piece of paper formed into a heart and handed it to me. I had to give this awkward smile. First of all I just met him and second what does this loser think?

"Err...Thanks. It's pretty." I stuffed it in my pocket.

He gave a chubby smile and started to whisper something in my brother's ear. The one named Israel just snickered as he heard their little girly conversation. I had to keep my cool while they spoke. I felt like they were making fun of me. Suddenly they quickly stood up and started to leave.

"See ya later broby." My brother waved. "I have to go outside for athletics."

"Yeah whatever." I replied.

Once he was gone with his buddies I remained seated waiting for class to start. Ever since I masked out my enemies, I was more lonelier than ever. 

What did I ever do wrong?

Oh yeah I forgot.... this is what I get for trusting people...

I was about to head to class when the bell rang. I thought it was the bell to class but instead it was the fire alarm. Everyone started to scatter and head outside. I had no choice but to follow the rest outside. While everyone else were with their friends or in groups, I was the only one standing by myself like an outcast. I was totally used to it. Time passed by and still there was no sign of going to class. I stood there watching every single soul happily talking and playing around in the field. There were times I wish I wasn't shy and instead being a very outgoing person. Seeing everyone else happy made me seem like a horrible person. Nobody dared to speak to me nor join me. I was about to sit in the grass when I remembered I was wearing pure white jeans. How I wish that color was my soul. I was that one person who just stood there awkwardly watching people. Like a freak.

"Hi there." Someone spoked.

I felt my heart jump and my eyes go wide. 

How dare you interrupt my thoughts...

I jerked my head up to see two girls watching me very closely.

"Err..." I was going to say hi but I just nodded. I had no clue what to say.

"We saw you lonely and we thought maybe you wanted company." One of the girls spoked.

I just gave a tight smile trying hard not to smile in relief that someone actually wanted to talk to me.

I was starting to feel very lonely.

"What's your name?" The girl asked.

"Danielle." I replied. I mentally had to slap myself for speaking.

"Oh cool." The girl smiled. "That name sounds familiar. I think I have it on a ruler."

"Okay....?" I started to tense. I felt awkward speaking to strangers.

"My name  is Rose and this is Kaitlynn. " The one named Rose introduced.

I nodded and gave out a smile. They actually seemed friendly.

"Are you a freshmen?" Rose asked.

"I'm a Junior. I'm guessing you two are freshmen?"

"Yeah. Dang I thought you were a freshmen. You look too young for a Junior." She smiled.

"Thanks. I get that a lot." I was starting to get used to smiling with them.

So far indeed they looked friendly.

Everyone around us started to go back inside once the teachers  gave the thumbs up to go back in.

"Well I got to go." I started to leave.

"Alright see you later Danielle." Rose smiled.

I smiled back and hurriedly went back inside with the crowd. Able to speak again to someone made me feel good inside. So far the girls looked okay, sadly I think it was just for today. Nobody seems to last with me but it doesn't matter. One thing I learned in life was to never trust no one. Absolutely no one. Like my family would say... faces we see but heart we will never know.