Chapter 44: Lovely Lies

'Please help me do a favor pretty please please please with a cherry on top?' I texted to Merlyn.

'What is it Danielle?' She texted back.

Beside me my mother was entertained watching soap operas while I was sneakily texting to Merlyn. I covered myself with a pillow and curled myself in a corner of the sofa.

"No Fernando don't marry her!" My mother was yelling at the TV. 

I feel her. I just love soap operas but at the moment I was busy texting to Merlyn. I really wanted her to do me a favor real bad.

'Can you stay after school tomorrow?' I asked.

'Well I could stay for art club but why?'

"Danielle what are you doing?" My mother was above me. I didn't even heard her close up on me.

"Err..reading?" I looked up innocently.

"Aha okay I see." She grabbed my phone. "Who are you texting to?" My mother frowned.

"Nobody." I lied.

"Then what is this?" She pointed me to the screen that just lit up for an incoming message.

The only good thing about technology was that my own mother couldn't use it. She was just as behind as I was. Good thing I was learning.

"Fine it's Merlyn." I had to confess. "She err... wanted me to stay after school with her so we could go to art club."

"I thought you hated going to school clubs?" She skeptically eyed me.

"I do it's just...they are doing this thing and I want to see what Merlyn is doing."

"Thing?" She slowly handed me the phone.

"Can I go?" I pleaded with my eyes. "At least for fifteen minutes."

"Ten." My mother crossed her arms. "Ten and not a second more. I also want to talk to her. Well give her a ride too. How does that sounds?"

"Lovely." I rolled my eyes. "Oh no Fernando married Isabelle!" I changed the topic.

"Wait what?!" My mother gasped.

I ran off to my room and texted back to Merlyn.

'Can't talk but please stay after school tomorrow. I'll explain everything tomorrow.'

From the living room I could hear my mother complaining to herself. I walked back to the living room and watched what she was watching. Apparently it was true Fernando married Isabelle. I gave out a heavy sigh as I watched the two married couples kiss. Even if it was a mistake for Fernando to marry the evil witch of Isabelle, and just drama, It was still so romantic.

"Did you just sighed?" My mother frowned.

"What? NO." I rolled my eyes, feeling redness blushing on my cheeks.