Chapter 71: Visible Feels Good

October 24, 2015~

"Ow..."

"Hold still." My mother struggled.

"You just poked my eye with the mascara brush." I whined.

"Then hold still before your eyes fall from their sockets."

Beauty wasn't my thing but since when being beautiful have been easy?

For the first time I was wearing skinny jeans and showing my arms that for once they were cured. I open my eye wide as in for the first time in seventeen years I was finally putting makeup on. Finally I was only one year older and closer to be eighteen. This day was special and I was going to make my gran entrance like it was suppose to have been made long time ago.

On my way to school I couldn't help but see the dark gray sky. To me the beautifulest thing was rain. 

Rain so it could wash all the sins away.

And on my birthday, this was a dream come true. Such a beautiful sight seeing the rain fall and through the distance the flash of a lightning. It gave me peace and happiness. While everything outside looked depressing, I couldn't be any more happier than I was.

I finally arrived and opened the door to my car. I slowly stepped out to let the breeze welcome me. While everyone fled inside I took my time to make the gran entrance.

"Just a step closer." I whisper to myself.

One step at a time I finally make my gran entrance and finally my eyes locked on my enemies.

And a smile spread on my face.

Right just when I entered, Ana was waiting for my brother. Her eyes watched me as the new Danielle was visible to everyone's eyes.

"Morning." I smirk and walk right past her.

For the first time in my life I was more than confident. I felt real and best of all I existed after all.

She didn't say anything but I could see in her eyes she was surprise to see someone so different now, where only days ago I was the insecure nerd girl. My day just got better when I was walking down the hallway to meet up with my gang, Joe locked eyes with me. Seeing him got me nervous but I walked right past him and smiled in relief once I left him behind. All of this time hiding from Joe and finally I could see him right in the eye for at least just a second and forgot everything.

Nothing ever happened between us. Now I was free to say that I felt nothing towards him no more.

I finally have moved on without him. Though even with our past I couldn't wish anything bad for him. After all he was human and the least I could wish him was happiness.

Even if it meant without me.

"Danielle!" Rose caught my attention.

Waiting for me was my best friend and with her a small stuff dog.

This day couldn't get any better.

                                                                            ***********

"Aww what a cute little doggy." The guy in front of me in my algebra class, started to play with the dog Rose gave me.

I watched him with amusement as he started to play invisible dress up.

"What are you doing?" I laugh as he starts to put the invisible dress on the dog.

"I'm putting her a dress." He replied.

"Dude it's a guy."

His eyes grew wide and he started to fake a shock expression.

"Since when?" He starts to check under the dog.

"Bradley." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh I see it!" He laughs. "He got a tiny one there."

Bradley was the first guy to ever speak to me in my algebra class. He was funny and yet cute. Sadly he was taken already. Alisha and me ended up calling him Tree and since then I dreamt of a guy like him.

He made me laugh with his stupidity and make my day just a little bit more better. Even so we weren't best of friends, he was still a very nice guy. Just a companion in class who actually sees me.

I smile at him and take my stuff dog from him. He tried to get it back but instead grabs for my necklace.

"Aww you got a broken heart. Who has your other one?" He asks.

"It's broken all right but my friend Rose gave it to me."

My heart saddens once again as I realize I did felt something missing. Besides the lost of my phone, I felt someone actually did take my other half away.

All through out the day real people started to talk to me. Either to tell me I was pretty or to actually have me in a group. For once I was seen. Glances here and there from jealous girls and one or two guys whistling at me, this day was mission accomplished. My idea to catch attention actually worked. Now all I had to do next was to use my hidden talent.

Making Ana watch me was a success. Her eyes wouldn't leave from me and she would whisper to her friends. It was obvious they were talking about the new Danielle. This Danielle doesn't give a crap. She walks with all confidence and smile at every passing person. She was at last me.

My new make over was worth it for little did I know someone was about to lay real eyes on me at last.