Chapter 14: Simply Just Invisible

"Danielle?" The Biology teacher called my name.

"Here." My voice was just a mere whisper so I rose my hand up.

"Danielle? Is she not here today?" The teacher looked around the classroom.

"Here!" I rose my voice just a notch.

Everyone around me started to whisper within themselves and some just giggled.

"I guess not." The teacher shrugged and took out a bundle of papers. She started to pass them out till she got to my table.

"Oh there you are why didn't you answer?" She handed me a paper and went back to her desk to write something in her computer.

"I did?" I replied well more like asked.

"Well I didn't hear you." She shrugged and went to the front of the classroom.

"All right students I need you to pair up with the person sitting next to you and create a biome on your paper." She instructed in the front.

Everyone started to find their partners and began working on the project. Everyone except me. The girl next to me gave me a funny look and went to a different group instead, leaving me to work by myself.

"Great." I mumbled to myself.

The teacher sat in her desk and gave me a very perplexed look.

"Where is your partner?" She rose an eyebrow.

I just shrugged as the teacher pulled out the seating chart.

"Vanessa Jaral get back to your seat." The teacher ordered to the girl who gave me the funny look.

"But I have a different group." She started to complain.

"It's okay I can work by myself." I tried telling the teacher but apparently she couldn't hear me.

"Vanessa get back." The teacher pointed to her seat.

She gave me a dirty look this time and stomped back to her seat. As she sat she kept puffing heavily like if it was such hard work to work with me. She pulled out her phone and started to take selfies instead of working together with me. I gave a glare and decided to do the work by myself. As I was finishing one of her friends came to the table.

"Terminaste?" Her friend spoke in Spanish.

Little did she know I understand Spanish. I pretended not to listen and kept on working. What the girl said was that if we were finish. Obviously  NOT since I was doing ALL of the work.

"No." Vanessa rolled her eyes. "No esta haciendo nada pero nada."

WHAT?!

I clenched the pencil tight in my grip as Vanessa's reply was that I wasn't doing anything. ANYTHING!

Both of them giggled as I tried to calm down my patience. They were so wrong if I didn't understand them. I gritted my teeth as I thought of ways how to have payback.

"All right turn your papers to the front when your done." The teacher instructed as the bell rang.

Everyone dismissed the class as I was slowly putting my name at the top. Just when I was about to turn it in Vanessa snatched the paper from my hands.

"Hey wait I need to put my name." She scribbled her name in and left.

After all the work I've done she had dignity to put her name!

I guess I am invisible....