Chapter 56: Just A Prank

I thought pranks were meant to be just a practical joke. Meant to laugh you know but instead I ended up with the opposite. I didn't mean to harm no one but in my case it only ended up hurting me. I should've just left things how they were meant to be but I wanted some fun in my life. Fun which I now regret. I was in one of my friend's house when it all started...

"I'm bored. What should we do?" My friend Sarah asked.

"I don't know. What do you got in mind?" She was the smart one so If I had to ask for someone for something fun, she was the right person. She knew tons of things that were fun, unlike me who doesn't even know her own kitchen.

"Lets prank call. I love doing that." Sarah suggested.

A little light bulb lit up above my head. I wanted to have fun...even if it had to be with a certain person from my past.

"I have a number. We can prank through that call." I excitedly started to wiggle in my seat.

Sarah and I both exchanged smirks while I started to dial the number through her phone.

"Who are we pranking?" Sarah asked.

"My ex." I shrugged. I froze when I realized a consequence that could happen.

"Wait. He's going to recognize my voice." I pouted knowing it was useless to prank to Joe.

"Then lets text him." Sarah grinned at her own brilliant thought.

"Sarah you are a freaking genius!" I clapped for her.

"I know." She smiled cheekily. "Though lets do this in private so your brother won't know."

We hurriedly ran off into the guest bathroom and took our positions. Inside of myself I couldn't contain the excitement. For me this was something new. Never have I done a prank to someone.I sat in the toilet sit while Sarah was preparing her quick fingers. Our prank was just getting starting.

"Alright I'm ready. What do you want me to put?" She asked.

"It has to be something that will make him mad but it doesn't has to be obvious that's me. How about you start by saying ,'Hi my love miss me?'."

"Wouldn't that be obvious?" Sarah rose an eyebrow. "What if he finds out?"

"True. Hmm... start by saying ,'Hello there Joe. Forgetting something?' Then put lots of devil emojis." I instructed Sarah.

She quickly texted the message and we both waited for his reply. We were about to give up when her phone buzzed for an incoming message.

'Who the hell is this?'

"He answered!" Sarah squealed.

"Good now put your worse nightmare." I laughed. Sarah obeyed and sure enough I could just imagine an angry Joe texting back.

'How the hell you know my name? Who the fuck is this?'

"Now put something stupid." I told Sarah.

'Your mom.' Sarah texted.

The next thing left me and Sarah with mouth gaping as he replied back.

'Go to hell! You had to had a lot of balls to text me back after that night. Because of you my step mother is dead. She died right after you left me! This is all of your freaking fucking fault!'

"Holy crap. What is he talking about?" Sarah had wide eyes.

"I have no clue." I felt  my stomach tighten as I kept rereading the message in my head.

"What do I say now?" Sarah was starting to panic.

"I don't know!" I started to panic myself. "Let me handle this."

I snatched the phone from Sarah's hand and started to type.

'Chill Joe. Who do you think I am?' I asked.

'Who else? Danielle?'

'No fool this is a prank.' I replied while holding my breath.

'Prank? Then how do you know my name?' He asked.

'I just guessed random names. How was I suppose to know your real name was actually Joe? My next guess would have been Bob. Know what I mean?' I lied.

'Oh. Then how you get the number?' He asked.

'Guessed.' I felt bad for lying but no way was he going to guess it was me.

 I had enough to know he was still mad at me. It was a big sign that he was never going to forgive me. Apparently It was my fault that his step mother died. Sure guilt tightened my heart but I had to act like I never heard this from him. I never did this.

'Sorry for the prank. It was just a prank okay. Peace out.' I quickly handed Sarah her phone back and never answered back. Good thing he never replied back.