Chapter 84: Keep Calm And Watch Soap Operas

A/N: In the media box is the soap opera I'm watching. Sorry it's in Spanish :P

"Check, check, check, check." I take random things from the fridge.

While my father was at work with my brother, I in the meanwhile decided to stay home and stuff my face with all the food I can find. Since my mother wasn't home to make food, the least I could find was ice cream, cheese sticks, and one or few cans of soda.

A great way to wash away all the pain.

"Richard you were gone for twenty years! How can we ever be together after you left me?"

I lay myself on the couch and watched one of my soap operas while I started to eat a whole bowl of ice cream.

"Faith it's not what you think."

"Is that so? Then why did you tell me you were going to Los Angeles for better job that paid well?"

"Faith I-."

"NO! We can't ever be together Richard. I can't be with you when you are now married and have two kids. I can't ruin a family. I'm sorry Richard but I can't."

"Faith I love you."

"Richard... think about your family."

"I never stopped loving you Faith."

"For twenty years I've been waiting for you Richard. I waited and you never came. You never came back...."

Sometimes I wonder why my life couldn't be simple like in the TV. Even with all the problems and obstacles in the way, the protagonists always ended together with their loved ones. 

Something I might never end up with.

" Faith I left because I'm a secret agent now. All I wanted was for you to be safe."

"Safe? Why didn't you ever tell me you were an agent?"

"I- it was a secret Faith."

"I understand." Faith opens the door to her house. "Then keep me safe by leaving. I'm sorry Richard but....It's very emotional after twenty years I finally see you again. Only difference is, we can't ever be together now."

"Faith at least tell me you still love me?" Richard blocks the doorway entrance. "Faith please."

All of this drama reminded me of my life.

Emilio and Me.

He left me because he had problems that's why. He only wanted me safe and left me so I wouldn't suffer.

Little does he knows that he only made me the most miserable person in the world. Just like Joe only this one hurt me the most.

I gave Emilio all of my trust just for nothing.

Maybe just maybe he will be like Richard in the soap opera. 

Twenty years later....

Nah.

I don't care anything anymore. I've been hurt too many times that one more will be the death of me. All I can do for now is keep calm and watch soap operas. Might as well dream and hope the best for my future.

If I have one.

Trust me as much as I want to move on with my life, I just can't. Everything goes wrong for me.

"Richard I still love you."

"So do I." I start to cry and stuff more ice cream. "Too bad you didn't love me enough."