Chapter 41: Knows Everything

He kissed me. He actually kissed. I remained frigid in place as his lips moved against mine. Having no clue what to do I just stood there like a statue. My first kiss gone...gone to someone who I swore to myself never to fall again. My eyes were wide open as he kissed me without a care of the rest of the people watching us. I wanted to slap him but I just stood there with my eyes open. I couldn't move. The feeling was wonderful though yet I didn't want my first kiss to be just to anybody. I didn't want it to be him.

"Joe I-." My eyes trailed up to the nearest clock. Five minutes had passed and now I was late. 

"I don't want to let you go." He whispered in my ear.

"Well I have to go." I gently pushed him back now that I had the chance.

"Love you Danielle see you tomorrow then." He slowly let go of my hand and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Err...me too." I closed my eyes and vanished out of the school's doors.

I was the only one left of the car riders outside. I rushed out into the cold air and spotted my parent's car parked nearby. From the distance I could see my dad's hazel eyes glare and my mother with a serious face that had me worried. I was too late. I ran the last few steps and entered in the car.

"What the devil took you long?" My dad's angry eyes met mine.

"I was getting a paper from class." My voice came out little more than a murmur.

"Why is it that it is always the same excuse?" My dad frowned.

"It's true." I lied. Deep inside I felt guilty to lie. Especially to my parents.

"Then where are the papers?" My dad narrowed his eyes at my empty hands.

Caught empty handed.

"Okay I was talking to Merlyn." I made up another lie.

"Is that so?" My mother rose one of her brows. "What did you two speak then?"

"School work." I mumbled.

"You're lying." My dad gritted his teeth.

"No I-"

"Silence! Thanks to you now we are late to pick up your brother." My dad grumbled.

"Look I need to have a life!" I rose my voice. "It's not fair you are keeping me away from making friends! CAN'T YOU SEE I WANT TO FIT IN?!" I started to yell. For the first time I could actually hear my own voice. And boy was my voice angry.

"WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?! My dad yelled back. Angrily he turned on the engine and started to speed.

"Jose slow down!" My mom clamped together her teeth.

My father never slowed down. He sped down the road going to my brother's school. The look he gave me in the view mirror was starting to form more than anger. It was rage.

"YOU THINK I'M STUPID DO YOU?! CAN'T YOU SEE I KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO??? I'VE BEEN THERE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU KNOW!" I barked back. "I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!"

"OH YEAH?! WHAT ABOUT THAT FRIEND YOU HAVE?" My dad started to shout in the car.

"HE IS JUST A FRIEND!" I started to defend him. "IF ONLY YOU WANT TO GET TO KNOW HIM YOU'LL KNOW HE IS A GOOD PERSON!" I couldn't believe myself that I was actually defending Joe and saying he is a good person. After everything I had planned I was slowly going back to him without knowing.

"I know it's because of him." My dad finally lowered his voice as we got to my brother's school. "I bet he is something more."

"Even if he was it doesn't matter." I gritted my teeth. My dad quickly whipped his head back to glare into my eyes. That only got me to challenge my eyes right back at him. "I'm trapped with you." I growled.

My father's hand rose up. I knew what was coming for me. He was about to smack me in the face when my mother grabbed his wrist before it landed on me.

"No." She calmly spoke. "Don't get angry. It's bad for your health. Just let her go this time."

"Oh I will. I'm not going to die because of this brat. Just wait....one day she will pay and regret her words." My father gave one last glare with his threat and turned silence when my brother got in the car.

"Why were you late?" My brother started to whine just as he sat down.

"Quit complaining Steve." My mom sighed.

Everyone was angry at me but what did I care. If they wanted to be like that then I was going to be the rebel if they like it or not. Out of everything that just happened today the only thing that went well was my relationship with Joe. Even though my plan wasn't what I expected, I decided to change everything. Here I was right from the start....Loving the same guy who hurt me so much.