Chapter 36: Back (Part 2)

'I miss you too.'  My fingers shook as I texted back to him. 'You don't know how much.'

'I missed you more than anything. I have to go.'

'Wait where are you?' I asked.

'It's a long story but when I come back I'll tell you everything.'

'When?' I wished he could just explain to me everything at the moment but I guess he had his reasons.

'I don't know but...Just count to twenty days and sooner than you think Ill be back.'

And with that he stopped texting me back. A little blossom started to grow in me. Just hope.

                                                                       *************

February 14, 2015~

"I still don't know why you returned with him. I mean I thought you hated him with everything." Merlyn stood by me in the hallway by my first period class.

"I did but...I couldn't stop lying to myself much longer. I love him."

"Are you sure that's love or want?" She asked.

"What do you mean? Of course I love him. He was and is my first boyfriend."

"But does he? An advice from a friend....What I see in him is only want. You know guys these days want something more you know?" Merlyn rose an eyebrow.

I gulped at the thought. I didn't think he was capable to do something more you know, yet I don't know anything to what he is capable of. I shrugged at Merlyn and gave her one of my smiles that was between a shy one and a laugh. Sometimes I think she thinks too much.

"Whatever Danielle but If you are happy then so am I." She smiled.

"Thanks. You know you're one of my best friends?"

"Of course I am. Plus bonus points because I'm your only friend."

"You had to remind me?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well the truth is obvious no? You're a nobody."

"Hey only I can call myself that."

"What are friends for?" She laughed.

"You just stand there and be a loser with the loser me."

"What can I say? Losers must stick to losers."

Around us many people walked by with balloons and flowers. No doubt today love was in the air. At one point Valentines disgust me but now I somehow wish I was one of those girls walking confidently with their gifts that their boyfriends given to them. This day depressed me. I was still single waiting for my other half of my heart to return yet there was still a chance for me for everything go back to the way it was. As I stood there with Merlyn laughing, a familiar name erupted the hallway.

"Joe! You're back!" A girl shouted. I slowly turned back to feel my heart freeze. I held my breath as his familiar appearance revealed itself. His same brown eyes locked with mine as we walked down the hallway towards me. He had a sweet smile on his face and a brighter glow around him. The girl who shouted his name happened to be no other than Savanna. She gave him a hug but he just patted her back and kept on walking. He was coming to me.

"Umm.. Did you know he was coming back today?" Merlyn's eyes were in surprise.

"I-I had no clue." I whispered.

"Err look at the time I think I need to head to my class." Merlyn started to walk off.

"But we still have five minutes left." I gritted my teeth so she could stay.

"Ta-da I think someone is calling me." Merlyn left me going the other direction before Joe could see her.

I remained frigid in place as he got closer to me. He was back and he came for me.

"Danielle." His voice spoked my name.

Before I knew it, he had me in a hug. A hug that a dearly missed so much.

Shouldn't mistakes make you learn from it? The answer was never meant to me. Mistakes are made and for a reason they keep on happening. But there are times that mistakes can be forgiven just as long one doesn't falls again. And for me....I was just meant to fall but for the moment I cherished it. I loved him and that was that.