Chapter 23: Out There (Part 1)

"No please don't go away..." I sighed as Joe in front of me slowly walked off with another girl.

"JOE!" I started to scream. He looked back but there was a lost gaze in his eyes. His brown eyes turned almost black making my heart sink.

"It's nothing personal." He grabbed the other girl's hand. "It's just business."

"What the fudge?!" I slowly backed away as the girl randomly started to moo like a cow. Her smile was like a mad person. I felt my skin crawl with anger. She gripped on Joe's hand and wouldn't stop mooing at me.

                                                                                ******

"MOO!!!"

I opened my eyes frantically almost flying out of bed.

Something bit me.

I tossed my sheets away to see ants crawling on my bed and a cow mooing right in front of my window. I felt like my heart stopped working for a sec making me believe I was actually dead.

"HELP!" I started to scream.

"Danni?!" My mom rushed into my room.

I jumped out of my bed and started to beat the crap out of my bed, dusting away all the ants. It was hopeless when I saw more and more ants coming out of nowhere. And if that wasn't bad....there was a swarm of wasp nesting right above my ceiling. The cow I realized wasn't a cow at all but a bull. His nose flared as my screams vibrated off his ears.

"Run outside and get your aunt!" My mom yelled over the noise of the bull.

Without thinking twice I ran out of the room up the hill to my aunt's house. My dad was out in the porch talking to one of my cousins when I hurriedly ran up the stairs.

"What the heck is wrong?" My dad asked.

"There's a-- bull in my-- window and infested insects-- in my room..." I breathed trying to catch my breath.

"On my way!" My aunt rushed outside. Out there where the bull was. For an old lady she did know how to run though. I ran again to catch up my aunt I saw her pulling the bull by its horns.

"Margaret careful!" My dad got to her side.

"No don't worry I got this. Cerapio over here is calm."

I don't know how my aunt managed but she managed to pull the bull away from the place and taking him out in the streets. She got a stick and whooped the animal, which ran off leaving just dust.

"There." My aunt smiled, sweat rolling down her forehead. "I'll go and saw off his horns so he won't hurt anyone."

"Let me help." My dad followed her to chase the bull again.

I remained frozen in place trying to process what just happed. My mom came out of my room throwing my bed sheets out into a hole filled with water.

"Good thing were leaving here soon." My mom grunted.

"No duh I don't want to ever see ants again." I sat by a tub made out of stone. Yup the tub was outside. Everything was practically outside. The toilet outside, the kitchen outside, the rooms outside, and the showers outside. Outside and separate where you had to walk miles  just to use the restroom.

"I don't want to see that bull again. Speaking of which I got to make sure your brother ain't out there. I don't want the bull to catch him by surprise." My mother grabbed the sheets from the water hole and ran off.

"All because of that stupid dream." I spat to myself once I was by myself again.

I had no clue why I dreamt that but to be honest I wanted to go home as soon as possible. Something told me I was being warned.

"Danielle!" My father ran up to me. In his hands he held a piece of the tip of the bull's horn.

"I wrestled that thing so I can give you this." He handed me the horn.

It was brown almost black with a few little white striped. It was a piece of art.

"I know what to make." I smiled, relieved that my crazy morning wake up had passed. "I'm going to make this a necklace."

"Love the idea but..." My dad stared at the sky like he was looking for answers.

"But what?"

"Nothing just hope nobody bullies you."

"Why will anybody bully me?" I frowned at the thought.

"Not everybody think innocently like you. But never mind that. Go make your necklace and make me proud." My father smiled warmly at me.