Chapter 39: Saw That Coming

Next Week~

I stared at my phone hoping to shoot laser from my eyes. I had to think of something very catchy in order to catch my prey so I sat inside my closet ready for my plan. Just when the right words were right in my head I quickly texted Joe to his number. If it wasn't for my plan I would have been disgusted of myself. Just hearing his name or seeing it caused my spine to shiver.

'Hey remember me?' I texted. 'Probably not but I was that one girl that you once said was the most beautiful one and the one you promised to never hurt her and love her. Your love to her was as big as the sky. Its been weeks now and that one girl keeps remembering your promise. Probably you've forgotten but she hasn't.'

I wanted to laugh at how stupid this all sounded but stupid or not, I wanted to prove my point. It took two minutes when his reply came in. From the looks of it he was shocked.

'Danielle? Are you okay? What's wrong? Please tell me.'

 "Sucker." I whispered to myself with a inner laugh. "You will soon wish you never answered me."

'Danielle?'

I waited for half an hour till it was time for me to answer again.

'Yes?'

'Danielle are you okay?'

'How you know it was me?'

'Well...you're the only one who I thought of.'

"Thought of huh?" I smirked and texted back.

'My bad I forgot.'

'Danielle is everything okay?' He asked.

"Like you cared." I huffed.

'Sorry to bother.'

'No wait.' His message came in quick. 'I want to talk to you.'

'I have to go.'

'Please Danielle tell me what you are thinking."

My time was right at the spot. I smiled back and thought carefully what my next words will be. He was stupid alright. Very stupid. It was obvious he had some feelings for me.

'Truth is I miss you. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second. I  can't stop thinking about you and I have no clue how to get you out of my freaking head.'

It took him forever to answer but when he answered....he ended up in my trap. Just like I wanted him to.

'Danielle...I miss you too. I want you back.'

I wanted to yell at him how stupid he thinks I am to go back to him. Though he wasn't the only one stupid. I was about to waste the little happiness I had to someone who didn't deserve me at all. Though after all the things we've been through I thought it was too early to let him go. Deep inside of me I still loved him and I was going to change every filthy drop of thought that he has of me. Either I was going to have him back or better yet, make him feel what I felt.

'Joe can I ask you a question?' I asked.

'Anything Danielle.'

'Do you believe in third chances?'

'Depends.' He replied.

My mistake was too close to come.

'Give me a third chance.' I begged.

Yes begged like a dog. Nothing I could do there. Next thing I knew it, He was eating right from my hands. Totally saw that coming.