Chapter 17: Perfect Me

April 2014~

"You got to stop doing it!" My mom rose her voice as I got in the car.

"What do you mean?" I frown slightly confused of her behavior.

"You're five minutes late! Did you forget that every Friday you go to the doctor?"

"N-no." I stammered.

"What makes you stay back?" My father glared through the view mirror.

"I come from upstairs and their is a lot of traffic." I somewhat lied.

"Then why all of a sudden you're coming late?" My father wouldn't stop glaring.

"It's just five minutes!" I rose my voice back feeling slightly angry.

"Five minutes that we could have been already in Dallas." My mom mumbled.

"Chill okay it's not easy being the first one out! I huffed staring out the window.

Sometimes I feel that life is so unfair. All my life I try to do everything perfect yet there is a little stain that my parents have to catch. All I do HAS to be PERFECT. One wrong move and I'm just a mistake.

I stare out the window feeling my ear burn in anger. Even in my anger I have to put a smile, A hypocrite smile. I wish I could be just a normal child living the normal life, but sadly I couldn't be one for I had probably the strictest parents in the world. If words fall in my parent's ear that I have a boyfriend, not only I get killed but Joe himself will feel my father's wrath.

"What took you guys long?" My brother got in the car when we got to his school.

"Don't blame us." My mother put her hands up in surrender and pointed me with her eyes.

"Thanks a lot sis." He rolled his eyes at me.

OH I SEE SO THIS IS ALL MY FAULT?!

I couldn't believe I was the blame. Just five minutes late and the whole world came crashing down on me.

"Don't worry Steve that will be her last time." My dad assured my brother.

"Oh so now you're are threating me?" I spat wishing I kept that in my head.

Both my parents turned their heads back and glared at me with eyes I've never seen.

"What did you say?" My dad growled.

"I can't do everything right you know! I'm not perfect and never will be!" Anger was  starting to leave from my system. "I can do what I like! I want to be normal for once in my life!"

The feeling to turn back time and take back what I said was obvious. I felt my eyes could see through my parent's soul and a horrible heat run through my veins. Every time I was angry I had to hide it with a smile but this time...I ran out of patience.

"What do you mean normal?" My mother spoke after a long pause and glares.

"Not all the time I will be myself. I'm tired of being the nobody." Tears started to spill from my eyes. I felt weak to cry but I was slowly starting to lose my energy. "I don't want to be the lone wolf no more."

There was a long silence except of the cars zooming by in the highways.

"What is this sudden change?" My dad clenched his teeth as well as the steering wheel.

"N-Nothing I-"

"Shut up!" My dad spat.

"If I were you I would keep that mouth shut, knowing your dad he wont keep his arms crossed." My mother warned me.

Beside me my brother smirked and stare out the window.

Five minutes....It took five minutes to have the hate of my family.

Well if perfection they wanted then perfection will be.

I stare out the window at the million of cars zooming by. The thought of others living better than me crossed my mind.

"One day...." I whispered to myself with teeth clenched and tears rolling down my cheeks.

"One day I'll be free."