Chapter 51: Newer Than Ever

"The suckers I have to put up with." I sighed in frustration.

First day of school and I was already hating it. Not only did I hate school in general but also I had to put up with people I had no desire to look at. I took the same steps I always took in the first day of school but this time with my brother by me. We made our entrance and casually walked in. Like always everyone was different including me. There was one person I didn't want to be recognized by so I had a new look. 

A new look. A new me.

With bangs as my new haircut, ultra skinny jeans, to the body gray shirt, and red lipstick on my lips, I walked to the main gym like a new exchanged student. No one seemed to recognized me as I picked up my class schedule. And a good thing too because right at the moment I was picking up my schedule, Joe almost crashed into me. He quickly adjusted himself and ran off without casting a glance at me. I had a feeling though that he did knew who I was.

"What was that all about?" My brother rose an eyebrow.

"No clue." I kept watching the back of Joe as he walked away out into the hallways.

"Well I'm going to go with some friends." My brother changed the topic.

"What why? You just gonna leave me here?" I pleaded with my eyes at Steve so he wouldn't leave me alone. "Don't you at least want me to show you the school?" I asked.

"Nah I feel like I've been here before."

"This is your first year in high school." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah but I'm going with Juan. See you at break sis." He smiled and waved as he turned to a friend of his and walked off.

Just when I thought my brother wasn't going to reject me, I happen to be the reject of always.

I shrugged it off and was about to head to class when I heard a very familiar squeal.

"Danielle!" Out of nowhere Ana appeared.

"Err..hey." I started to rub on one of my arms as she came closer to me.

"Danielle I missed you." She gave me a tight hug and quickly released.

"Got your classes?" I asked.

"Oh no I was waiting for you and your brother. Come with me then we will find your brother." She giggled.

"Ana wait." I grabbed her arm rather violently. She gave me a shock expression and a look of fear.

"What Danielle?" She asked.

"Look..." I scratched the back of my head. I had no clue how to tell it to her in a nice way but she had to know. "Everything changes. I don't think you're thinking straight."

"What do you mean." She pulled me with her to the main gym to get her schedule. I dragged myself behind her and process carefully the words in my head.

"This is a new year and I don't want anything to change. The things that you do may change everything." I seriously spoked.

"Nothing is going to change." She rolled her eyes. "We are best friends and soon to be sisters in law." She squealed.

"About that I-." I was about to give her my reasons when I heard a deep voice behind me. The hair of my arms trembled as I heard his dark voice. I nervously looked back and then at Ana. He was behind me talking to a guy but he had his back to me.

"Still trying to get over him?" Ana gave me a devil smile.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about him." I crossed my arms.

"Don't worry I'll help you find a guy." She smirked and winked at me.

"I-never mind." It was useless speaking to her. I just hope she forget the whole brother of mine thing and continue to be my friend like always. Even though I was starting to know the real her, I still wanted to be friends with her. 

Better to be with someone than to be a nobody.

I nervously glanced once again to Joe and took a deep breath. Even with my new look, I felt that I needed a whole lot to change. I caught his eyes and glared into his for a while. He was angry and I can tell. And deep down inside of him I could see he was thinking of me the same way.