Chapter 29: Liked

I was walking down the stairs towards my last period class, as I got to the bottoms of the stairs is when I felt someone grab me violently by the arm. I was spun around staring into two familiar brown eyes.

"Why the fuck are you trying to avoid me?!" He gritted his teeth.

"Me avoid you? I was clear last night that I wanted you out of my life!" I spat.

"Then why are you sending me lovely  messages?" He smirked.

"It was just one besides..." I released my arm from his grip. "It's a lovely  threat..."

"You know I didn't want to hurt you." His face was close to mine. "I'm just friend with Star. I really liked you Danielle. There's nothing between me and Star."

"She has a name congrats." I rolled my eyes as he narrowed his from my sarcasm.

"Danielle I liked you. Why do you have to be like this?"

"Liked?" I stood up tall and tilted his head towards mine so he could stare into my eyes.

"Y-Yes. I liked you."

"As in DID." I pushed him back gently and leaned myself against a wall. "Did." I repeated, crossing my arms.

His whole expression darkened as he took a step back from me. From the looks of it, it was a mixture of anger and hurt, but what did I care....He hurt me first.

"You know something..." He took his first step from the stairs going up. "I never got to understand you. You're just full of complications and mysteries. Maybe it's better if we break up."

"And we are." I smirked. "Just in time."

"Think whatever you want Danielle..." He grabbed me again from the arm pulling me up the stairs towards him. We were face to face, just a mere distance apart. "Revenge accepted."

Here we were, two people arguing in the middle of the stairways, almost late to class, and glaring at each other like two wild animals about to shred apart just because of a piece of meat. Everyone walked by us and couldn't help but stare at the two people causing drama. Yeah that was me.

Joe and me.

The guy who I apparently liked.

"Get lost." I gritted my teeth.

"I will." His hand was firmly gripped onto my arm. "I will get lost just because at one point I did liked you."

"You don't know what you're talking about." I jerked my arm from his grasp. "You know nothing!"

"You're right..." He slowly headed up the stairs as I glared at him from the bottom. He was at the top when his last words came out. "You're right that I know nothing. My mistake. I shouldn't have never fallen for you." He stomped away leaving me to be the only person in the hallway. The bell rang and I decided it was best to skip class.

I walked towards the nearest restroom and locked my self in one of the stalls.

Nobody will even know I'm missing....