Chapter 49: Speak Of The...

Friends are just the same as love. One moment it's there then it's gone. You know what hurts more than a break up? 

A friend break up.

If it even existed that is....

I should have watch out but I didn't.

I should have listen but I couldn't.

I should have known but I wasn't quick.

Here I was with a pocket knife that my dear Joe once gave me. Right on the tip of my fingers I could feel this cold sensation of a mix of hate and anger. Every time I fell, I kept making the same old damn mistake of falling. I never learn. Hey I'ma mistake myself but what can I do? People just see me as the easy to get person. They keep hurting me even when they have no reason to. I was that one person who cried easily and the weak one. I tore the soul of a stuff bear with the pocket knife and tossed it in the abyss of my closet. One month after my break up and something more horrible had to come in my way. They fooled me. All of them...

                                                                                ************

June 28, 2015~

"I don't know how you convinced me." I faced Merlyn with a very depressed tired look.

"It will do good for you. Besides Ana is coming too." She gesture me to come inside the church.

"Good? I don't feel good." I forced my legs to move and dragged myself inside.

"You never feel good." My brother complained from beside me.

"Shut up you b- Err...boy." I remembered to keep my language to myself. I had a feeling someone big was watching me very closely.

Been a while since I went to church. I kind of think this was some kind of punishment I was having in my life for straying off. If it was, then it was working. I deserved it. I sat in one of the back benches and listen through out the whole preaching. For the first time I was actually listening. I felt like the preaching was deliberately to me. It was how we must not fall for temptations and always seek advice for God. And trust me I really needed help. My head was thinking of crazy ideas which I hoped deep down I wasn't willing to commit.

"Danielle you're here." Someone shrieked. I turned to see Ana.

"Hey girl." I smiled and gestured her to sit beside me.

"Is that your brother?" She eyed to the guy sitting at the far corner.

"Yeah why?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Oh nothing. He's cute."

"We are in church." I sighed. "Not in some guy convention."

"This is fun!" She changed the topic and started to squeal.

From the front benches Merlyn turned her head back and gave me a glare.

"Wait till after church to talk." I suggested.