Chapter 6: Heart Burst

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

I gently grasped the kitchen knife in my hands. Time for me was running out.

Tick tock.

The clock was striking three in the afternoon and all of my hate was pouring out. My hands start to tremble and my heart start to ache. All I ever wanted was love but instead I found hate. I never knew how I got to this point but it doesn't matter anymore, I got what I got.

And it all trails back to a certain person....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

November 25, 2013     2:30pm

"What happened to you?" He rose an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I start to play with my hands.

"Why are you like that? You know....quiet." He whispered the last part.

I was afraid he was going to ask that one day.

"I'm not quiet. It's just..... I don't trust anyone." I stared at the floor.

"Hmm... I see.... so you got trust issues. Believe it or not I got the same issue." He smiled and handed me his ear buds.

I smiled and placed the ear buds in my ear. I was glad he didn't want to speak no more. I was kind of getting nervous with the questions.

"Oh by the way here..." He handed me a small, silver, square thingy.

"What is it?" I stared at it bemused.

"It's an MP3. You can have it so you listen to music from now on. Think of it as a gift." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

He handed me my own sets of ear buds and we sat in silent for the most of the time. I enjoyed hearing the silence and best of all his heart beat beating in his chest.

"Danielle I need to tell you something." He blurted all of a sudden.

"What?" I puzzled

"Can I ask you?" He scooted closer till our shoulders touched.

"What is it?" I whispered and stared down on his lips.

I mentally had to slap myself for staring at him too much.

"Well Its been practically a month since we meet and well.... I wanted to ask you..."

With each pause I felt my heart start to beat rapidly and random thoughts started to scream desperately in my head.

Could it be that he doesn't want to be my friend no more?

Was it something I said? Or worse.... something I never said?

He grabbed my hand, which I tried flinching back, but I let him hold my hand. His soft touch sent electricity through my arm sending me almost to faint. My ear bud fell from my ear as I waited for him to speak. Each second was eternal and never did I expect his next move.

"Do you want to be my girl?"