Chapter 9: The Two Of Us

'Danielle?'

My phone buzzed and I stared down to see a message in my screen. I felt my heart beat uncontrollably and a smile form in my lips.

'Yeah?'

'Meet me upstairs.'

The bell to seventh period was over and I quickly ran upstairs to see him. I don't know why but I was so excited just to see him. He was the reason my smile was real.

As I got there I felt someone pull me by the arm. I wanted to scream but a hand covered my screams.

"Shhh...it's okay. It's me." He turned me around where our lips were so close. I couldn't help but stare at his lips and let my smile grow. He realized my change and smiled back warmly at me.

"What was it that you wanted me here?" I whispered.

"I just wanted to see you again before you go home, plus I got something to show you." He grabbed my hand which I tensed. His soft hand over mine made butterflies flutter in my stomach. He took me to the end of a hallway to a large window. My heart was beating in fear. Yes Fear. I scared to be late to get to the car and my parents suspect anything.

"Danielle I..." He scratched the back of his head.

"Yes?" I sat by the window.

"I wanted to give you this." He handed me a wrapped up paper.

"I want to show you how much you mean to me."

I unwrapped the paper to only see a breath taking ring. The ring was silver and had a green shaped heart in the middle. He grabbed the ring from my hand and placed it on my finger.

"Green for your beautiful eyes and the ring for my love to you. I love you Danielle."

I stared at the ring in awe. This was the most beautiful thing I ever gotten.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Yes forever and always."

I felt a heart skip and the world around me freeze. At that moment it was only him and me.

"Thank you." I whispered. I wanted to say something more but I was lost for words.

"Danielle?" He got closer.

For some odd reason I slowly backed away from him.

"Sorry Joe I have to go before my parents get mad. Thanks for the ring." I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I have to go see you tomorrow." I smiled one last time and ran off. I wanted to show him the same love he had for me but.... tears started to flow from my eyes as I ran down the stairs.

I just don't know how to get rid of my fears.