Chapter 8: Reasons Not To Say

December 7, 2013   7:10

 For the first time I've never felt so eager to go to school. I could feel Hopefulness breezing through the air. Never have I ever felt so anxious to see someone. Even so it has only been a few days since it was official that we were couples, He was my everything. Too bad I was too blind to see what he was hiding from me.

"You know something? You're mysteriously strange." He spoke softly as we sat together alone in a hallway upstairs.

"Why you say that?" I crossed my arms and kept my teeth from shattering.

"I don't know it's just something about you make everyone else seem different."

"How?" I insisted.

"It could be for starters that you act strange around me. Is there something I should know?"

"N-no?"

"You know you can trust me."

"I know but...."

I started to play with a strap of my backpack. As much as I liked him there were some things that he should never know. Besides the only reason I was acting nervous was because I was alone with him.

"Its been a few days now that we've been together..."

There was a pause. I had no clue were he was going with this conversation.

"Why do I feel like you're slowly going away from me?" His eyes down casted.

"I'm not."

"Then why are you always flinching away from me? Why do you always seem to run from me? Why don't you let me hold your hand? Why do you hide from me and always look down? Why can't I see you beside in school? Why Danielle Why? He desperately asked.

"I-I...I have my reasons." I replied looking inactively at a wall.

"Like what?"

"Reasons." I replied dryly.

His lips formed a straight line and he just shrugged.

"Fine." He sighed. "Do you have a phone?"

"Well sort of. I only have it for emergencies." I pulled out my cheap phone.

"Dang it's small and what's with the buttons?" He grabbed my phone and started to play with it.

"Not everyone can afford a expensive one." I shrugged.

"Oh well... At least give me your number." He insisted.

I didn't want to give him my number but I also didn't want him to think I'm trying to hide from him. I pulled a small piece of paper from my bag and quickly wrote my number. hoping that he couldn't read my bad handwriting.

"Thanks." He stuffed it in his pocket.

"Yeah you're welcome." I rolled my eyes.

Boy will this relationship be hard.

The bell rang and I quickly stood up.

"Hey wait for me after school I got something to show you." He gave me a sideway hug and ran off before I could reply to him.

He doesn't seem to stop amazing me each day.

I stood there dumbfounded as I watch him go down the stairs. I wish I could answer his questions but my reasons wouldn't let me say a word. I just hoped he wouldn't insist with the questions because if he does my only solution will be complete silence. Like literally.