Chapter 32: Not

"So?" I frowned. "What do I care If he does drugs or not?"

"Well you're his girlfriend I thought..."

"Well you thought wrong. I'm NOT his girl no more. I don't care what he does or where he is. If he gets in trouble then let him be. Besides I'm dating someone else."

"You are?" Her eyes grew wide but she never asked. Bet she doesn't believes me and I don't blame her. Of course I had to lie.

"No do you mind?" I started to walk off.

"Okay then see you around." She called out as I disappeared myself in one of the hallways.

See her? I hope never. But then again....deja vu seems to follow me around.

                                                                                 **********

"Guess what?" I walking down the halls with Merlyn.

"What?"

"I know where he is?"

"Joe? I haven't seen him."

"That's the point." I started to lower my voice. "He got caught doing some kind of drug in the bathroom."

"What?" Her eyes went round.

"He went to some kind of juvenile detention place."

"Are you sure? How do you know this? I thought you didn't care about him?"

"And I don't." I frowned. "Its just some random chick told me."

"Who?" Merlyn was on a roll on asking questions.

"Some friend of his. She just told me thinking I was still dating him."

"And you believe her?" Merlyn tilted her head to the side.

"I don't know who to believe but then again I don't care."

"Danielle let me ask you a question?" Merlyn faced me. "Do you still love him?"

"What?! Of course not. Not after what he did." I could feel my jaw start to quiver.

"Don't worry you'll get over him. I'm going to find you the perfect guy." She smiled.

"I'm over him and I'm not worrying. Plus I don't think I want to make a mistake with another guy." I sighed.

"You must get over with the past." Merlyn kept insisting. I nodded knowing she had a point.

Truth was I was worried for him and deep down I wasn't done with him.