Chapter 20: Against The Wall

"Can someone please explain to me who in the darn world that 'friend'  came from?" My dad's cold gaze stared from the view mirror.

"He's my friend." I mumbled, feeling guilty that I wasn't strong enough to confront my parents.

"Since when do you have friends? Why wasn't I informed of this?" My brother whined.

"Shut up Steve this is none of your business." I spat feeling slightly annoyed.

"Well he does have a point." My mother turned her head back.

"We've just been friends since a few days." I crossed my arms.

"That is what they all  say." My dad sighed.

"It's useless talking to ya'll!" I rose my voice letting my anger fly out through the window. "I can't even have friends when you all start to misinterpret things!"

"Danielle Shut it!" My dad growled.

"Yes." I whispered feeling scared all of a sudden.

The ride to home was silent and tense. There were times I think maybe I should runaway. I feel like a prisoner locked up in jail or a princess stuck up in her tower....Just waiting for her prince to rescue her. Once we got home I jumped off of the car and stomped my way to my room with a slam of the door. I didn't care if my parents were going to shout at me. The only thing I wanted was to be happy.

Tuesday June 3, 2014~

"Last day." Joe sighed beside me.

"Yes." I whispered.

We were upstairs in the morning. Just me and him.

He wrapped an arm around me and scooted closer to me. Our legs touched ,and I guess the moment, I laid my head on his shoulder, snuggling closer to him. Today was the last day...

Last day of school.

"Will I be able to see you in the summer?"

"We can't." I whispered.

"Please Danielle... at least one day." He intertwined his finger with mine. "I think I wont be able to survive with out seeing you."

"We can't be seen." My voice cracked. "I'm afraid..."

"Danielle you can't let your parents fear you. This is your life and you have to decide. Trust me."

"I trust you but I can't!" My voice rose. All of a sudden I felt the urge to cry.

I was stuck against a wall and both sides had swords. I had to decide between my parents, who I've been for the years of my life, Or Joe, who I've only know so little about him yet I loved him with all of my strength. Even if he didn't know. 

"Danielle I love you but in order for us to be together you must confront them."

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled.

"Do it for us." He rested his chin on my head. "I don't want to lose you yet. I want to be with you every second I can."

I tried being strong but each day I felt weaker and weaker. I wasn't the typical crier ,but in situations like the problems I had, Crying was my only choice.

For the first time tears slipped from my eyes in front of someone who I dearly cared.

"Don't worry." Joe placed both of his hands on my cheeks, wiping away some of the tears that fallen, "We'll give it time so you can think, but know that I love you. I love you so much." He hugged me in his arms as I whimpered. I felt my world slowly crumbling and my head start to throb. There was so much I had to do...but time was running out for me.

"Next year?" I sobbed.

"Yes." Joe whispered.

This was it. Just had a few month left.

Left to live of course.

When the day my parents know the truth.... I would be dead meat.