Chapter 45: That's Me

"So tell me the whole scoop." My friend Ana insisted.

"About what?" 

"You know what. Come on tell me your whole romance story." She fluttered her eyes.

"It's not a romance story."

"Whatever just tell me every detail."

I hated telling people my little life. I had always loved my life being private and over all a secret.

"Nothing much. I just stayed with Joe and we talked." I said it in a don't-keep-insisting-I'm-not-gonna-budge way.

"No this?" She made her index fingers do it in a kissing way.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes. "Is that all you think about?"

"Of course not, it's just you're so lucky to have a boyfriend. I wish I was you."

"That's for making friends who are nothing but fucking double faces." I smirked to make her feel bad.

"Oh gee thanks for reminding me."

A few weeks ago Ana was dating this guy named Carlos who was way too old for her. Apparently they met in Facebook and just a few days back she was crazy in "love" with him. She even made me do love letter for her so she could give it to Carlos. Just because I had beautiful handwriting. Then came her trauma which got her to go in depression mood. One day Carlos cheated her with one of her friends. And to make things worse for her, her suppose "best friend" was the one who took her boyfriend. What friend she came out to be.

"That's your mistake for trusting people. Look at me," I put my hands in the air. "I only have two friends for that same reason. You don't see me crying over a friend."

"You're right Danielle well at least I have you."

"Yeah but don't think since we are friends I'll go easy on you. One wrong move and you will meet Danielle Valladares. The real one."

"I will never betray you Danielle. You're my best friend. Unlike Sandra who took Carlos for me. She is a slut."

"Well now you know who to trust. Right here in front of you is a real friend. You won't find one of those these days."

"Thanks Danielle."

I gave her a quick smile and dug into my bag. Inside I pulled out a small little book.

"What's that?" She eyed curiously at the book.

"My baby pictures. Want to see?"

"Yes!"

I handed her the book and she briskly opened the book. The first thing that came out was a picture of a baby girl with blue eyes and blond hair, sitting in a huge bed with lots of huge teddy bears surrounding the girl.

"Awww who's her." She pointed at the picture.

"That's me." I smiled at my own picture.

"Wow you look nothing like her now. Now You have green eyes and brown hair."

"Well time changes one."

"You look so adorable." She checked out every single photo of mine till she stopped at one and kept looking at it deeply.

"What are you looking?" I tried peeking over her shoulders.

"Who's him?"

In the picture she pointed to a boy dressed in white with light blue jeans. That boy was no other than my brother.

"That's Steve. My brother."

"You almost look like twins." She traced the photo with her fingers.

I eyed her weirdly as she kept tracing the picture of my brother. I felt awkward just seeing her do that to the photo.

"Well I think that's enough for one day." I snatched the book from my hands.

"How old is your brother?" She asked.

"Thirteen. Why?" I hugged the book close to my chest.

"Oh no reason just...He's cute."

"Well don't think about it." I laughed. "I think he has a whole line of girls dying to touch him."

"Wow well maybe we can meet one day."

"Whoa hold yourself right there." I placed my hands right in front of me like I was ready to push her off. "Don't think because you are my friend he will like you. Heck he can't even see Merlyn and she is my friend too."

"Oh. Okay. By the way what happened to you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You looked so happy in the photos."

"Well I-" I closed my eyes trying hard not to remember my past. Sometimes is better to forget than remember.

"What happened?" She layed a hand on my shoulder.

"I...just to narrow it down, I had a lot going through my life. That's me for you."

"Will you one day tell me?" She tilted her head to the side trying to catch my eyes.

"Maybe."

Truth was, my plans were to never speak of it. As much as I try to forget, there always seem to be a little thing disturbing me. Some things are better off without being told.

"One day." I lied. "I'll tell."