Chapter 28: Dead Reality

September 24, 2014~

"Danielle? What...happened to you?" Merlyn stared at me up and down.

"What do you mean?"

"Well..." Her eyes were round as she couldn't stop staring at me. "You're dressed in black. Like for a funeral...." She whispered the last part.

"To be honest it's true. Someone died." I stared back with lost in my eyes.

"Who?" She was shocked.

"Me."

I gave my back to her and smiled. It hurt to smile but I forced a smile as the person I was waiting for appeared. Joe crossed by and didn't dare look me in the eyes. That just made me smile more.

"Um what am I missing here?" Merlyn got in front of me.

"Dead reality."

Joe completely  walked through me. I felt like a widow that just lost her husband. I couldn't help stare at my own reflection through the glass doors. I looked dead yet beautiful. I was wearing completely black clothing and had my hair straightened. For the first time I thought I looked beautiful. With my hair lose and dark lipstick I felt this darkness console me. Seeing the sun out so bright and happy made me gag. How can outside be happy when my heart was in darkness and depressed? I felt like Joe actually took a chunk of my heart leaving me empty inside.

"What did he do?" Merlyn glared in the direction Joe took.

"He killed me." I slowly turned to her as my voice cracked. I wanted to cry but I felt weak to cry.

"What...what do you mean?"

"He killed the good side of me." I narrowed my eyes at her so she could see I was dead serious. "He messed with the wrong person." I pulled out a pocket knife from my boot and quickly hid it in my pocket.

"Danielle! What the heck is that?!" Her eyes were round like two giant saucers.

"Shh...You're going to get me in trouble." I hushed her.

"No duh you will." She eyed me with fear.

"Sorry but I got to move on with my own life. With the new me." I gave a small smirk.

"Danielle this isn't you. What did that butthole did to you?"

"Nothing much. I guess I'm pretty much overreacting but I don't care...I don't care anymore."

"Danielle this isn't good please tell me everything so I can help you."

"Help?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Yes. You're my best friend and I don't want you to do a mistake on your own."

"Mistake?" I gave a short laugh. "Mistake is me. I'm a mistake."

"No." She grabbed me gently from the shoulders as a few tears decided to slip. "You're not alone."

I looked up feeling lost. She wanted to help me. For the first time I actually had a friend. She was my best friend. I wiped my tears with my sleeve and gave her my real smile. Weak and shy. She smiled when my old self came back. Though it only lasted a few seconds when I asked her to give him a message.

"Tell him I'll have my revenge."

"Danielle no... You're not violent. Calm down and think this through." She begged.

"No." I fisted my hands. "There is something I haven't told you nor anyone. My reasons didn't just come from Joe..." I flipped my hair back.

"Then from where?" She asked with a bit of curiosity.

"My past. I got a past and this move that Joe made just took the last straw. I trusted him when I shouldn't. Look at me!" I pulled on my shirt. "Though I'm not going to let him laugh for long. I won't trust on nobody anymore. Especially men."

"You can trust me." Merlyn tempted to smile but it failed. I can tell she was worried for me. 

"Then please tell him. Give him my message." I gave her my back once again and decided to walk off to my first period class.

I wanted to be dead alone for a while.