Chapter 57: Stupid Refrigerator

After the prank with Joe, I felt something missing in me. There was something that I quite couldn't understand. There was so much I wanted to know that I was starting not to believe in anything anymore. I was starting to have a feeling that he was just pranking me instead. I couldn't stop having all of these doubts in my head so the next thing I knew it, I had my phone and my fingers ready to dial. I didn't want to provoke him anymore but I needed to know what he said was true of his step mother dead. I didn't want to live with the guilt for the rest of my life. It took a while but eventually I was texting to his number.

Might as well have one last prank.

'Is your refrigerator running?' I texted to him.

'Who the hell is this?!' He replied back.

I'm guessing he wasn't quite over with the last prank.

'I asked If your fucking refrigerator is working!' He was angering me once again. There was no reason for him to be snapping at me. Gosh it's a prank get over it!

'Is this you Danielle?!' He texted back.

Shoot! He caught me.

I nervously started to freak out what to say next. I didn't want him to find out it was me. I started to panic but decided best to chill and make up more lies. One thing I've learned in life, Lying may be bad but It does save your butt from one's mistakes.

'Danielle? Who the freak is that? Just answer the freaking question.' 

'Danielle I know it's you! Stop your fooling and leave me alone! I never want to hear you again!' He spat.

How does he knows it's me??? Is it that obvious?

'Look dude I don't know why you keep calling me Danielle. I'm a guy for your information. Once again I'm asking...IS YOUR REFRIGERATOR RUNNING????'

'Why the hell you want to know?!' He replied back. 'What do you have to do with my fucking refrigerator?!'

How I wished I had a professional to help me out in that moment.

It was obvious that I was a lousy prankster.

'Umm...Is this Tommy?' I changed the subject.

'Tommy? This is Joe. Is this the same prankster from yesterday. Listen buddy get lost! I keeping thinking you are my ex and I can't stand this no more!'

'Umm...No and my bad wrong phone number. I'm guessing you won't be answering the question any time soon right?' I winced.

'Um no man.'

I started to panic once again and tossed my phone away. I try to be bad but I guess I'm too nice to be evil. I layed myself across from my bed and just stared at my ceiling like a drunk person lost in thoughts. Maybe it's best If I leave him alone and just have my revenge on Ana. There was no way she was getting away from this. She was going to pay for her own sins and Joe's as well. She will have double the pay. I was so lost in thoughts that I barely heard my phone buzz. I quickly snatched my phone back and saw an incoming message.

'My refrigerator is running. BURN! Need ice dude? Because I just burned you!'

"Immature." I hissed to myself.

Some people just never change.