Chapter 87: With Me

May 2, 2016~

Finally today was the day my mother would return from her trip.

After one month I was finally having my mother back where she should belong. Even so I ended up with my brother and father, it wasn't that all bad like I imagined. Merlyn told me it would be like hell living with those two, well hell never happened thank God. I at least managed to survive. One thing that I actually learned while my mother was away, she is very needed. I never thought that being a mother could be so much responsibility. A mother loves her children, cook awesome food, keep everything organize and under control, keeps the place tidy, and keeps the family together. Though not all mothers can earn that title. Lucky for me I have a mother that cares for everything.

And boy do I still need her for a whole lot of years.

My life was slowly taking shape once again too. Even so I lost Emilio, Other things were surprising me by the second. Just when I was entering the school in the morning, the first thing I see is Joe waiting by for me. He was standing by a wall as I slowly walked up to him. His eyes looked up and I thought I was going to freeze like I usually do.

"Keep calm." I muttered under my breath. "No more mistakes."

"Hi." He walked up to me.

He hasn't changed a bit.

"Err...hi." I smiled.

Behind me my brother walked right past me and just gave me a look. A look that I swear he was going to use it against me. I gave him a small smirk and gave my back to him. There was no way I was going to hide my life from my brother.

"So how are you?" Joe asked.

"Pretty good." I walked slowly heading to the cafeteria.

"That's good."

We walked over to my table and he sat right beside me.

Something that he hasn't done for quite a while.

"Funny how long it took for us to speak." He chuckled. "All this time I tried avoiding you and yet I couldn't. I keep seeing you everywhere and bumping into you in the hallways."

"Tell me about it." I laughed.

"I'm really sorry Danielle to what I said in the past." He began.

"Chill man the past is the past." I punched his shoulder. "At least we both apologized."

I couldn't believe I felt so confident in front of him after all the problems we had. It was as if nothing happened.

He smiled, I smiled.

I forgot everything and was just simply living my present.

"So where is this guy that used to sit by you?" Joe asked.

I felt my inners go cold.

I just started to laugh softly and smirked, looking away.

"Were you dating him?" He asked after I didn't answer the other question.

"Did." I locked my eyes with his and just shrugged.

"I used to see you two together and thought....well never mind. A few days ago I wanted to talk to you but I thought it was going to be awkward since you know..."

"Yeah it would have been." I cutted him off, not wanting to talk about Emilio and my past.

"Oh err....hi." Merlyn came out of nowhere and awkwardly sat in our table.