Chapter 42: Dear Dreams

Believing can cause so many sorrows. I don't believe in miracles, luck, nor even in plain old destiny. Sometimes it's our fault things happen. We create our own story and the mistakes that are made are blamed to destiny. But what can we do about it? Nothing really. You just got to keep on reading and finish the story that you continued. Life is full of regrets but you know what life does? It keeps moving on. That's why I don't dream. Most of them don't ever come true. They give you false inspiration and when that dreams turns into nightmares, you find depression your only company.

My eyes heavily stared the ceiling before me. I wanted to sleep but there was something keeping me awake. There was so much thoughts that every single one was wrong, incorrect, fallacious, misguided, false, and mistaken. I had Joe what else did I wanted? There was so much I wanted to do. I wanted to be someone in the world. I just wished that I was known. My goals were to become someone very successful but there were times I thought of maybe giving up and just curl up in my bed. Sleep was far from me and the first thing I thought was Joe. I quickly got up from my bed and searched for my phone in the dark. Just when I grabbed my phone, the screen lit up for an incoming message. He read my mind.

'I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about you.' Joe texted me.

'I can't sleep either.' I replied.

'Can I tell you something?' He asked.

'Anything.'

'How much do you love me?'

I stopped texting. I didn't want to fall for him again. Well I didn't want to fall too much to be exact.

'More than the stars.' It was true. I was in love with him.

'Danielle do you trust me?' He asked.

'Yes.'

'I don't want to hurt you ever again. I will always protect you. Danielle come with me.'

'To where?' I asked.

'Forever with me.'

It all sounded so sweet and magical yet there were things I never understood. Even with all his mysteriousness I was willing to trust him. Trust him with my life if it depended on it. 

'Wherever you go, I'll be there.'

'Thanks Danielle. Come with me to New York.'

'Wait what?'

This just took me to another level. Was I really ready to confront the world by myself, away from my parents ruling over me? I didn't want to leave my parents but there were times before I met Joe of escaping. I felt locked up and prisoner of my own house. I wanted to go. And the answer was yes.

'Yes. Take me with you.'

'Are you sure Danielle? It's not going to be easy. There might be danger and all.'

'I am willing to meet Danger.' I joked.

'I love you Danielle. I will always love you.'

'Joe?' I wanted to tell him something. Something that I was holding inside of me for so long.

'Yes my love?'

I was dreaming. A little hope blossomed inside of me. Little by little I felt everything coming true. Even if it meant for me to leave everything I love behind, I was willing to stick to my heart and start a new chapter of my life. Before I start with the new step I had to do something first. I wanted him to hear my heart. Hear the words that took me so long to come out...

'I love you.'