Chapter 46: Open Promises

"Whatever you are hiding Danielle...just be careful."

I peeked a little from the blankets that were covering me. My mother tense brown eyes glared into mine. I had to cover myself more so I couldn't feel the lasers coming out from it.

"I'm not hiding nothing." I mumbled.

"Probably nothing but someone yes."

I was taken aback of to why she was telling me this.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because you are my daughter. Just know that I will always be here for you. Advice from a mother, don't trust anyone. Friends don't exist." With that she gave me a kiss on the forehead and turned off the lights from my room.

My room went dark with just a little light illuminating from the cracks of my walls. The condition of my room was that bad. Cracks crossed the walls and the floors, my ceiling was almost falling on top of me, and worse of all my bed was falling apart. I promised one day for my mother I will buy her a small little house where we can live happily. Not just my room was bad, my entire little house garage was slowly coming apart. I remembered a few years back when my family and I lived in a beautiful house. It was huge and white and the inside was the color of the sky. I had a huge room to myself and not to mention everything of that house was vast. Sadly one day my father got sick and couldn't pay the house no more. We ended up moving garage to garage of people who where supposedly friends. Then one day a friendly man made us a little house from his garage and since then we've been living there. Over the years the place has gotten unstable. 

I stared up at my dark ceiling feeling empty, looking for answers. Soon I'll work and buy everything for my parents. My family was my whole reason I was going to defend with claws and teeth. My phone lit up from the nightstand to see no other than Joe's number. I quickly answered it and felt a relaxing feeling sooth me.

"Hi Danielle." He spoke.

"Hi." I whispered, keeping my voice low so my parents couldn't hear me.

"Danielle I got something serious to tell you." His voice muffled.

"What?" I felt my stomach tighten. Something wasn't quite right here.

"I-I just want to know something."

"What is it?" I spoke rather bit loudly.

"I want to know how much you've changed. I want you to tell your parents exactly  tomorrow."

"What for?" I hissed, feeling anger pulse through me once again.

"You promised to change and I want to make sure if our thing could be something more."

"I-." I felt like a cat caught my tongue. 

"Danielle tell me you will do it. I need to know."

"Why the urge to let my parents know?" I asked.

"They must. Tell me Danielle will you? Just like you promised?"

I felt everything happen so suddenly. I was trapped between a wall and a sword. I never had that problem of choosing but now I had to choose him, who have hurt me so much yet I loved him, or my parents, who are my blood and have done everything for me just so I can be happy. It was time for me to clear everything out. It was now or never.

"Joe I'm sorry." I whispered. "I can't do this. Not to them."

There was a long pause. I actually thought he hung me up but I could still hear his soft breathing.

"This is too much." He sighed after the long silence. "Too much."

"I'm sorry but...I can't dot his to my parents."

"I thought you loved me." He whispered.

"I do but...I can't. This is too much for me too. I'm sorry Joe but I think it's best that we finish."

For the first time I felt what he did to me a few weeks back when he dumped me. Now it was my turn even though I was trying not to hurt him.

"You think?"

"No." I mumbled. "You left me no other choice." I hung up my phone and turned it off.

I wasn't mad nor sad though. I felt empty and more like confused. I had this lost feeling inside of me that just left me blank, trying to process what I just done. I broke my promise but It was better breaking it than not doing it all, just living in a world full of lies.

'Sorry.' I turned on my phone and texted. 'I'm really I'm.'

He never answered back though. It was done once again.