Chapter 5: Those Awkward Moments

November 24, 2013   2:48pm

A month has passed since my birthday and the day when I met him. Life for once had noticed me. Well sort of.

I'm still practically invisible.

"So tell me about yourself..." He sat by me.

I remained quiet. There was nothing to talk about.

"Are you going to be mute to me now?" He scooted closer to me. 

I shook my head nervously. I had no clue what he wanted to know about me.

"Come on..." His shoulder touched mine. "It's your turn to speak. I think I've spoken about everything. How about you tell me something about yourself or ask questions to me."

I felt my palms start to sweat.

To say this guy somewhat creeped me out.

"What's wrong Danielle?"

"N-Nothing. I have to go." I stood up abruptly and ran off as the bell rang to go to 7th period.

Well that was awkward.

"Hey are you okay?"

I walked as fast as I could away from him. I felt my heart jumping up and down from my chest almost chocking me in my throat. All of my past nightmares started to swell in my eyes as I tried walking away. I thought he was going to leave me alone when I felt someone grasp my hand.

"Danielle what's wrong?" He whispered.

I flinched away and took my hand from his. I stuffed it in my pockets already missing his touch.

"Did I say something?" He walked beside me.

"No you're good it's just that I need to get to class." I mumbled and started to walk slower.

My knees were so weak, I felt that I ran a marathon. My jaw kept on quivering and I couldn't stop my hands from feeling cold. My fears were the reason I didn't speak nor have friends.

I'm afraid to say the real me.

"Let me take you to class then." He insisted.

"No no I'm good. you're going to be late to your class." My feet dragged as I spoke.

"Doesn't matter." He wouldn't leave my side.

My body felt tense as he walked me to my class. Everyone was inside except me.

"Sure you okay?" He stared into my eyes.

He was actually worried for me. ME.

"Yeah thanks." I replied fixing my backpack on my shoulders.

"Okay then see you tomorrow."

Somehow I felt guilty.

Just as he walked off he quickly gave me a sideway hug.

"Later." He smiled and hurried to his class.

The ball rang as I stood there outside my class, frozen for what just happened. Didn't mean to be so rude and walked away from him but..... My little soul was full of dark  secrets that are meant to stay silent  forever.