(5)

Song Above: Say Cheese - KiDi

If you like this story then please check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING! It needs all the love it can get! 😊

I was drunk.

Cross-eyed, head spinning, hips grinding drunk.

I'd somehow found myself in the middle of the dance floor. As if a moth to light. The music flowed throughout the room causing my body to react in a way I was all too familiar with.

I freely threw my hands in the air, swaying my hips seductively. I closed my eyes as I consumed myself with the beat and brushed away the hair clinging to my sticky forehead. I was dancing with a girl I didn't even know which caused a couple of wolf whistles from a few guys.

The girl placed her hands on my shoulder and leant forward to half-whisper in my ear, "You are such a good dancer girl."

I smiled lazily, "Thanks. I used to take lessons,"

"I can tell," She slurred, "All the guys here can't take your eyes off you,"

I drunkenly stroked her face, well more like face-palmed her and carried on dancing. I moved my hips in time to the beat and didn't stop until I felt a pressure behind me, placing their hands on my waist and I could feel their chest against my back.

"Hey Poison," A husky voice I recognised breathed against my neck and I felt my body shiver at the contact.  My lips curled up into smirk at the familiar nickname a certain boy had given me since childhood and I spun round to face a dishevelled looking Brody, lazily smiling at me, his eyes glazed.

He was so close I could smell the mixed scent of alcohol and peppermint on his breath.

Gone was the hostility from earlier and in its place was excitement and an intense look in his eyes as he stared into mine.

"What's up?" I said loudly over the music, ignoring the sensation his hands still placed on my waist caused. He had to step closer in order to hear me and my lips were close enough to brush against his neck.

"Just thought I'd enjoy the show," He flashed a devilish crooked smile, his eyes glistening in the dim lighting of the room.

My cheeks flushed realising he was talking about my dancing and I froze as he unexpectedly lifted a hand and stroked my cheek with his fingers. His fingers danced across my skin and I let out a harsh breath when he moved his hand away placing it back onto my waist.

I was so wasted my brain didn't register that this action was strange. This whole situation was strange. The proximity of us was abnormal especially the circumstances. Brody only invaded my personal space if he was trying to intimidate me or annoy me. Not so he could caress my face.

A cloud of awkwardness washed over us and he cleared his throat as he backed away, leaving a patch of heat radiating on my skin from his touch.

"I didn't think you'd come," He shouted over the music.

"Why?"

He shrugged "I didn't think this was your scene,"

"And what would be my scene?" I raised a brow and waited patiently for his response. Half expecting an insult of some kind.