(49)

Song Above: ATM J.Cole

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I checked my phone twice and a third time in the hope of a call or a text from my mom. I mean any normal parent would call when their daughter skips school, not mine though.

I kind of wished she'd call and demand me to come home, even though visiting this prison was for Brody, I had a weird feeling in my stomach and usually, that was a bad sign.

"You okay?" Brody tore his eyes from the road to look at me, he put a hand on mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze. 

I almost wanted to laugh, I shouldn't be the one being reassured, he was about to look the man who murdered his mom in the eyes and I was the one getting hot sweats.

We'd planned to skip school one day and drive up to the prison he was being held.

I didn't know his name or what he looked like. All I knew was the prison was an hours drive away and we'd only get half an hour with him.

High-security prisons weren't massive fans of unexpected visits out of visiting hours, but Brody knew a few connections through his father and got us a way in.

I didn't dare ask who or how they knew them.

"I'm fine," I said all too enthusiastically, which he saw right through like translucent glass.

"You know if you want me to drop you off at a diner whilst I go in, I don't mind?"

"No of course not," I objected squeezing his hand tighter, "I want to be there with you and for you,"

His lips curled up into a smile, "I don't deserve you, you know that?

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes in a teasing way despite his words causing heat to ignite in my chest, "Don't get soft we're about to go into a prison,"

"Thinking about prison, should I steal some handcuffs?" A devilish glint flashed across his eyes and he bit his lip.

"And why would you do that?" I traced a delicate finger along his hand and up to his arm. I watched as he shivered at the touch and the hairs on his arms raised, tickling my fingertips.

I smiled in satisfaction.

"Ah I don't know, reasons," He said coyly, his voice low and sexy, "Why don't we stop on the way and I can show you?"

"Let's get to the prison first and then after you can show me exactly what you want to do,"

His smile fell and his brows scrunched together, "I haven't even thought about what I want to say to him,"

Oh, and I killed the moment.

"Say to him listen here you fu..." My voice fell short as I stared up at the large iron fences in front of us. They circled as far as I could see in a mass of seclusion with no escape.

We pulled up next to a gate, which stood approximately fifteen feet high, a towering, brooding mass of steel beams and barbed wire.

I gulped.

Brody leaned out his window and spoke into the buzzer. I didn't quite hear what he said, but it must have been the right thing since the firing squad wasn't on us and the gate slowly squeaked open.

He drove down this narrow dirt path that had replica iron fences around it and a few guards cautiously watched us as they did their rounds. I tried to keep my eyes on their faces rather than the huge guns they had strapped to them.