(23)

Song Above: Gun Lean

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Well if I didn't have nightmares before I sure as hell am going to have them now," I shook my head in order to erase the images of decapitated heads and snowmen.

"That guy was nuts, slicing Harry's finger off like it was a piece of cheese," I pulled my face up in disgust wishing we'd gone for a rom-com or something a little less gruesome. Don't get me wrong I like a horror from time to time but this film was just horrendous.

"I will never look at a snowman the same way ever again,"

"That little bish has ruined Christmas, frosty the snowman can piss off,"

The lack of response from Ryan made me turn my head and I had to pinch my lips in order to stop myself from laughing. He was currently curled up into a ball on the sofa clutching hold of my pillows as if they were going to protect him. I'd completely forgotten what had happened last time we'd watched a horror. The poor guy couldn't hack it.

"Don't worry Ryan, we never get snow here," I tried to come across as sincere but failed miserably.

"We had snow four months ago," He exclaimed, his complexion paler than Casper the friendly ghost. He better not puke on my blankets.

"Yeah, but it was only a sprinkle, barely enough to make a snowman with human body parts-" His eyes widening caused me to stop in my tracks.

"Maybe we should watch some cat videos, that'll make you feel better," I nervously laughed, pulling my phone out and unlocking the screen.

"Who's Batan?" Ryan's eyebrows scrunched up as he stared over my shoulder.

I internally screamed. A small icon had popped up on my screen from Brody. He had to text me to say:

Thx 4 bein understanding, hope u feel better x

If i said the kiss at the end of the text didn't make my stomach flip I'd be lying but I convinced myself he did that with everyone. I bet Rose received hundreds of kisses.

Stop it.

My inner voice shouted. I wasn't going to let myself be that person who analyzed texts or even that person who had a crush on their best friend's boyfriend. Come on now girl how many times must I tell you?

It had been mere hours since we had called a truce. I couldn't help thinking about it. I knew it was going to be difficult and I knew I would relapse and call him a fat head or something along those lines but maybe this was a good thing. If I thought of him as a friend maybe it would stick and I'd no longer have these unwanted feelings in the pit of my stomach.

All the while I had this debate in my head Ryan's frown deepened. At the realization that he could possibly know who was texting me words rushed out of my mouth.

"It's no one, seriously, noooo oneeee, just a friend, just something who is a friend, cus you know I have friends,"

Someone put an end to this.

"Ah fair enough," He shrugged leaning back into the couch.

I blinked.