(37)

Song Above: Liar Leon

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Will you hold it still? You keep hitting me," I moaned, ducking from the happy birthday bunting Brody kept swinging my way.

"It's quite difficult when this chair is wobbling," He tried to keep his balance on the stool but he ended up swaying like Bambi on ice.

I was very tempted to kick the leg from underneath him.

"For god sake, keep still," I pressed the last pin in the fabric and took a step back admiring my work.

We had confetti balloons hanging from the ceiling, a pink floral buttercream cake that Rose's mom had baked which was standing tall on the table and a happy birthday bunting in the archway that connects the living room to the kitchen. 

Rose's mom, Sheila, gave us the spare keys to arrange a surprise birthday party for Rose. She was currently shopping at the mall after school. She normally took a few hours trying on different outfits so we knew we had enough time to prepare and get all the guests comfy before she arrived.

"I've made fifty cupcakes," Ryan called running out of the kitchen in a striped apron, a spoon in his hand and icing on his face.

I rubbed at his cheek, "And how many did you eat?"

He swallowed, his eyes casting downwards with a sheepish expression, "So I made 50 but there's now 40,"

"You ate ten cupcakes?" I exclaimed, "How is that even possible, you were only in there for half an hour," I rubbed at my temple.

Must I have to supervise everyone?

"I'm sorry, they're chocolate chip and-"

"Help,"

We both quickly span towards the loud thump of something heavy hitting the floor to find Brody in a sprawled heap on the ground. The stool was on its side.

"Oh heaven help me. Get up," I reached my hand down and he took it using the support to help him to his feet with a dazed and confused expression on his face.

I really hope he didn't get a concussion.

"I told you the chair was wobbling," He rubbed at the back of his head, wincing at the sore spot.

I let out a groan and flung my hand out pointing at him,"All you had to do was put the bunting up, you had one job. And you," I pointed at Ryan and he jumped, "The cupcakes are for the guests, not your bloody stomach, seriously guys,"

I sank into the nearest chair and put a hand to my face. You cannot get the staff these days.

Ryan sunk into the spot next to me, whilst Brody sat on the other side to me.

Ryan put a hand on my shoulder and gave it a quick squeeze, "Everything will be fine, Rose will love it,"

"Yeah, of course, she will, I mean everything's pink, she loves that kinda stuff," Brody knocked his knee with mine and I looked up to find a genuine smile on his face. The type of smile that warmed his eyes and your stomach.